921?s, OTA "name based recording," DPP44

RBHD

Original poster
Dec 8, 2004
Hi,

I’m thinking of trading in my leased 811’s and purchasing the 921. I’ve been reading the posts on this site, but still have some questions that I hope can be answered. I currently have a Dish 500, Twin LNB’s, Dish Pro connections, and only one line to each receiver.

#1)
The Guide on my 811’s used to say only “Local Digital,” but recently started having actual programming information. Does the 921 display programming information for local digital channels?

#2)
Does the 921 currently support name based recording for “Over the Air” programs?

#3)
My residence is wired for just one satellite connection to each receiver location.
Will the 921 only work with both tuners hooked up to the satellite?
If so, has Dish given anyone a “free” DPP44 with the $549 installation / purchase price?
I called Dish and asked, but the girl on the phone would only say that Dish would provide whatever is necessary to connect the receiver to the satellite. I don’t think she understood what I was asking.

#4)
The purchase warrantee is only 1 year. How reliable are these units currently?

Thanks for the info.

A1: Maybe - the new software release might do it. In any event, it's gonna be there soon if not already.

A2: No. See above. ;)

A3: No. You need a second cable or $200.

A4: That depends on who you ask. Some boxes are fine, others are total crap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts