921 stuck format

Cabby

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
This has probably been posted before, but my 921 wont let me change the format size of the picture quite often. A hard reboot generally fixes it, but damn, it's annoying.... almost as annoying as it losing all it's guide data at least once a week. Is there a concrete fix for this? Or at least another way to fix it, the stupid thing takes 15 minutes to reboot.

This bug has been around so long that I'm thinking it's not going to go away until both my 921's are replaced with 622's (though it seems to be worse lately). It's even more annoying when you have to wait for a recording to finish before rebooting.

This bug seems to be worse for people who change aspect ratios more often (like to record to DVDR or switch to a remote TV). Also, the auto overnight reboot helps keep this wolf at bay. So, avoid reminder events and timers from around 2-6am.

For What it's worth, you don't need to do a hard (power cord/smart card) reboot. A power switch reboot will generally do the job (and it's easier to reach).

Ive got a lamp timer on my 921s. Every night at 5am, it turns off for 30 mins. I hardly ever have any problems with the 921s.

I was playing around with my 921 last night and found a set up option that will turn the unit off after it has been inactive for 4 hours.

Is this something new? I don't get into the setup options too often but I don't recall seeing this in the past.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts