921 timers - unreliable at best

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JonUrban

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Eastern Connecticut
I have had a 721 since it first came out, and it has been pretty damn reliable.

I got a 921 a few months ago, and the timers are flat UNrelieabel! Half of the time I select a program, it does not record, it just goes away.

Is there something I don't know about using this 921. I assume it works the same as the 721. Find the program in the guide, press select, select record, and that's it.

One thing I notice is that there is no little red circle in the listings after I select an event. Is this normal?

This is getting frustrating, as sometimes it works.

Anyone have a clue, or is this what y'all have been howling about over the last year?

:-jon

The following applies under the assumption you're NOT talking about OTA recordings.

Sounds like you've got a corrupted timer database. Delete all timers, then power plug (hard) reboot the box TWICE. Also it to fully finish the first one before doing it again.

In the future, use Menu-7 to see how your timers are doing, and make sure the box does it's auto-reboot at least once a week. If not, do a power-button (soft) reboot yourself.

You can use the PiP position to determine whether the box has rebooted - it will return to lower-right after a reboot. Move it elsewhere, and there's your indicator.

tm22721 said:
Get a $10 timer and set it to reboot your 921 every night.

Just try to remember to put the unit in standby every night so it will reboot on its own... It is not critical that it is done every night, but if it goes more than a few days it can get weird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts