921 to parents?

nitram22

Original poster
May 2, 2005
After the umpteenth time trying to do over the phone "tech support" with my parents regarding their VCR - 301 setup, I think they need a DVR (actually it's just for my mom's Soap Operas). Anyway, Will it be possible to activate a 921 on their account if I keep mine after a 622 upgrade??

Don't need HD, only locals, which they already subscribe to.
As for hating them, I think the 921 will work much better than a 301 and VCR for recording 3 hours of soaps mon-fri. Too often they hit the wrong button on a remote and get the inputs messed up.

Don't judge unless you know the entire situation.

I'm sure they were just taking the obligatory dig at the 921's reliability problems.

It's kind of like Cheney, no matter what he does people are gonna make Elmer Fudd jokes from now on (and I'm one of 'em).

The 921 transfer should be fine. Even though they activated my old 721 on my father's account, he was somehow included on MY extended warranty plan when he called up about a dead remote for that receiver. They sent him a new one no questions asked while referencing the extended warranty on the receiver.....

To modify my original question somewhat, my parents currently have 2 301's. They have no interest in HD, so that's a non-issue. What would be the best way to get them a DVR??? (only need one) Would something like a 522 be a better option than giving them my 921???
There's just too many buttons to inadvertantly press with a TV-VCR-301 combination (and way too hard to troubleshoot over the phone).

I would get them a 511 from ebay, they are rock solid and easy to use. Just remember to verify the R# with dish before purchase to make sure it has no balance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)