921 w/L215, but no Baltimore OTA program info?

tankerman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 12, 2004
Northeastern Maryland
I live in a part of Maryland, where I can receive: Baltimore, Washington, Philly, and Lancaster OTA channels. With the new software I can receive all of the OTA program information, execpt for Baltimore.

My set up is 119,110, and 61.5; with a DP34 switch.

I realize why I can't receive the Balt info. (Because I don't have a super dish looking at 105).

BUT, I do know the 9 day guide is transmitted on the 110 bird.

I also noticed that almost every channel that I receive OTA, is now duplicated in red in the 8000 - 9000 range.

I've been a Dish Network customer for 8 or 9 years, and I know most of the ins and outs about how they work.

But, they have stumped me this time.

If I can just get the Balt stations to show up in red, I'm in.

I don't want the "channels", I just want the info, like we can get with the rest of the OTA channels

Any suggestions?

I'm sorry that I can receive so many HD channels OTA, but Balt is important, because that's the city that always has 125 signal strength. The others are not consistent.

You answered your own question. You don't get guide info for Baltimore because you don't have a 105 SuperDish. Your receiver will only load guide info for the satellites it can see. I guess Dish Network decided that there would be no need to provide guide data for channels that your receiver can not see.

I'm in DC and I also can receive the Baltimore OTA channels. No EPG info here either. Dumb move on their part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts