921 Weekly rebooting req'd

Henry Taubert

Original poster
Aug 29, 2004
South San Francisco, Ca.
If the problem that I am having has been discussed, and I missed it, sorry. :(
Problem is when watching hd signal and trying to switch back to non hd, it won't go to std.
Sometimes it's the opposite. It won't switch to hd from std.
Only way to correct problem is a power button reboot.
Occurs at least once a week.
Is it my receiver or is this happening to others???????
:confused:

I'm In The Same Boat, But This Weeks Problem Seems To Be No Guide To Display Listings. But A 2 Min. Reset Process Solves The Problem.
Im Seriously Thinking Of Getting Something That Can Record 2 Ota Hd Channels At The Same Time. Anybody Have A Solution To That?

The stuck aspect ratio bug has been around for quite some time. I've had my 921 since Dec 04 software was L211 and that's when I first noticed it. They say that they're working on it but until that actually happens, all you can do is reboot.

I also have to reboot weekly in order for the timers to stay on the right day. Everysunday the timers get a day ahead of themselves. Dish tech support is no help.

CUBldr97 said:
I also have to reboot weekly in order for the timers to stay on the right day. Everysunday the timers get a day ahead of themselves. Dish tech support is no help.
Your 921 should be rebooting itself nightly.

Use the PiP window position to determine if it's happening. After reboot the PiP will always be in the bottom right corner, so move it elsewhere, and if it resets, the box has rebooted.

This is a known bug that has not been fixed by software updates. Known as the "aspect ratio bug". As you stated rebooting is the only cure but you should only need to do a push button reboot when that or any other known bug appears.

jergenf said:
This is a known bug that has not been fixed by software updates. Known as the "aspect ratio bug". As you stated rebooting is the only cure but you should only need to do a push button reboot when that or any other known bug appears.
Untrue. Some of the bugs require a hard (pull power) reboot, and in fact, some 921s sometimes won't come back up from a front-panel reboot, and then require a hard reboot and some prayers.

I'm discovering that I have better luck with my weekly timers firing correctly if I put the 921 in standby mode then do a power cord reboot. For some reason the power button reboot is not as effective and I rate it at about the same as the auto-reboot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts