922 Connected to internet without ethernet cable?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fred416

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
NYC
How come my 922 receiver is connected to the internet without an ethernet connection to the receiver? How can it be connected to my wireless router? Is there a wireless adapter in the 922? If so, how can it connect without my router authentification password?

Thanks for the info.

How do you know it's connected? can you sling to another device, can you order Dish on Demand programming and view it?, do the three "OK's" show green in the Broadband menu?

I don't have a slinglink, the funny thing is that when i go into settings and do a connection with DishComm, it works i get my connection back with no ethernet cable. My question is how come my router is connecting to my receiver with wireless if i don't give it access to?

Don't get me wrong, i don't mind it, but what happens if i get 4 routers connected into my house? What if i live in a appartment building and the neighbour is using the same router as me "same brand"? Isn't that stealing if my 922 connects to an unknown router?

Nope impossible, i'm the only one with dishnetwork.

Can my router be quipped with something similar? it's a Linksys E-3000.

The 922 must be picking up a homeplug device other than a sling product. The 922 does not have a wireless adapter built in so it sounds like that is the case

Sent from my Droid using the SatelliteGuys app

Yes it looks like it's picking another homeplug adapter.

Can you explain how can i receive connection with the homeplug if no cables are connected to my receiver?

Thanks

The homeplug is connected to someone else's router. Disconnect your modem and rerun the connection test and i bet you'll still have an internet connection.

Isn't that stealing someone elses internet? So your saying, if that's the case, that dish is looking at my neighbours IP? And they are ok with this?

I'm sure the neighbours are happy to pay for my downloads.

Any way to remove the dish comm feature?

No way to disable or turn it off that i know of. I would have to say if you're the only one with dish they are not detecting conflicting IP addresses so the only concern would be with the neighbor and I really don't think you're using as much as you believe you may be.

Did you look at the back of the receiver? Is there a wi-fi adapter plugged into the USB port? If there is you probably latching onto your neighbors internet. With Dish requirements for installers to get connectivity, it's possible he used one and never told you.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

navychop said:
Won't cheap surge protectors block Home Plug?

Most cheap ones will allow the connection. The more expensive ones that have better surge protection and more complex circuitry are the ones will block a HomePlug adapter.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Most cheap ones will allow the connection. The more expensive ones that have better surge protection and more complex circuitry are the ones will block a HomePlug adapter.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Yes that did the trick.

But i am now keeping the Ethernet cable connected, no wore wireless connections. Also, i Just don't want to use somebody's else internet for my personal usage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)