922 / Google TV

skierrob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
It is my understanding that the "new" 922 can't integrate with Google TV. Is this correct? IE -- only the 622, 722 and 722k can integrate?

If so, which is the better option in everyone's opinion? A 722K with Google TV or a 922 without Google TV?

Thanks!

A 722k with a seperate sling box. Then get the boxee box as the revue has not been well received by the cirtques ie Scott revision 3 engadget etc

It is my understanding that the "new" 922 can't integrate with Google TV. Is this correct?
That is an accurate statement at this time.
If so, which is the better option in everyone's opinion? A 722K with Google TV or a 922 without Google TV?
That depends entirely on what attracts you to the ViP922. If you don't need the seemingly hinky Sling feature, you don't want a ViP922.

boxee box isn't out yet? I would wait to recommend the box until it arrives and folks have time to review. I would agree and not get the 922.

boxee box isn't out yet? I would wait to recommend the box until it arrives and folks have time to review. I would agree and not get the 922.

Because we essentially know what the box is like already. Just download the Boxee software and there ya go. That's about what you get with the Boxee Box. Aside from the love or hate it external design, it has more in common with AppleTV or Roku then Revue/GoogleTV. It's not trying to do anything different and really doesn't have much for exclusive services unless you are into Vudu or the Suicide Girls. Unless they totally botched up the hardware, people who like Boxee already are going to like the Boxee box.

GoogleTV seems pretty much stillborn. The hardware is glitchy, and the content providers are blocking it.

I'm on my 2nd day with a 922, and I have to say it's quite nice. It's just a lot faster, nicer looking, and more "fun" than the legacy receivers.

GoogleTV seems pretty much stillborn. The hardware is glitchy, and the content providers are blocking it.

I'm on my 2nd day with a 922, and I have to say it's quite nice. It's just a lot faster, nicer looking, and more "fun" than the legacy receivers.

I know exactly what you mean, I just love the new UI. It's so much more friendlier to HD screens and it makes the stuff in the older models look so archaic.