922 Home Distribution RF Output?

DishSubLA

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
Please forgive me if this has been covered (I'm sure it has some time ago), but my searches have not provided me the information I seek.

I know that the 922 does not support TV2 separate viewing experience like some other Dish DVR'.

What I need to is if the Home Distribution RF Output functions by connecting coax and sending video out to a 2nd TV in SINGLE MODE, just as it would for some previous Dish DVR models, like the 722, on an Air or Cable channel, NOT using Sling

I am holding off getting a 922 because we do use the 2nd TV for remote viewing, but we use it in Single Mode anyway.

As I recall, the 922 does not function with an RF remote. So, does the IR to RF converter kit work with the 922 for us to control the 922 from the 2nd room?

From reading a few posts, it seems that EHD is now functioning on the 922. That would be great. Could more confirm this?

If we can get the signal to the 2nd room using the Home Distribution RF output, I think I will get the 922 in a few months when the budget allows it, and we could even get a 2nd 922 (I know Dish is currently leasing only ONE 922 per account; we would have to pay retail or Ebay) down the road. I really love the guide and UI of the 922. Also, we would be using the Sling monitor should it ever make it to market.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Last edited:
Please forgive me if this has been covered (I'm sure it has some time ago), but my searches have not provided me the information I seek.

I know that the 922 does not support TV2 separate viewing experience like some other Dish DVR'.

What I need to is if the Home Distribution RF Output functions by connecting coax and sending video out to a 2nd TV in SINGLE MODE, just as it would for some previous Dish DVR models, like the 722, on an Air or Cable channel, NOT using Sling
Yes, the home distribution port works in single mode (with shared view on) you can set both a TV1 channel and a TV2 channel. The 922 switches to dual mode when slinging.
I am holding off getting a 922 because we do use the 2nd TV for remote viewing, but we use it in Single Mode anyway.

As I recall, the 922 does not function with an RF remote. So, does the IR to RF converter kit work with the 922 for us to control the 922 from the 2nd room?
No the 922 Rf remote is different from all previous remotes so you will need to get extra 32.0 remotes if you need more than one. or you could use an IR remote in the room with the 922
From reading a few posts, it seems that EHD is now functioning on the 922. That would be great. Could more confirm this?
The EHD works for playback only at this time.
If we can get the signal to the 2nd room using the Home Distribution RF output, I think I will get the 922 in a few months when the budget allows it, and we could even get a 2nd 922 (I know Dish is currently leasing only ONE 922 per account; we would have to pay retail or Ebay) down the road. I really love the guide and UI of the 922. Also, we would be using the Sling monitor should it ever make it to market.

Thanks in advance for you help.

x

Hey, nOqcu, thanks for all the info. I really appreciate it, especially the clarification on the EHD. I do have two more question:

How many remotes does Dish include in the box with the 922?

But they will control the 922 from a 2nd room?

Thanks again.

IF you sling the 922 over the internet , the tv 2 channel will mirror the show that you are slinging over the computer and the 922 will be in dual mode. Which means you can watch something different on tv 2 .

Hey, nOqcu, thanks for all the info. I really appreciate it, especially the clarification on the EHD. I do have two more question:

How many remotes does Dish include in the box with the 922?

But they will control the 922 from a 2nd room?

Thanks again.

The 922 comes with 1 remote.

yes they will work from a second room.

Thanks for the responses. All were of extreme help. And, yes, Claude, I, and others, would love to see those procedures. Thanks to all, again.