922 is up and running

Will I be able to browse the internet through the 922 with broadband connection? I thought I read that would be possible. Would love that for MLB.COM.

That would be intresting! This is the kind of Technology that Dish needs to push out in there commericals, While I think the whole why pay more commerical is ok. They need to stick there chest out and brag about what they have and the new equipment coming out....Ok back to the post, the reciever looks cool, as a convert from Direct looking foward to it!

Hope this helps (Port Forwarding for sling)

Sca

The install is basically the same as any other receiver.
Its the set up that we are all working out at this time.

For the slingbox portion, you will need to know how to work with a modem or router. (port forwarding is a must)

This unit did come with an HDMI cable, which IMHO is a plus.
No cat 5 in the box, however you can also do a Easy Jack for broadband connection, and get around the task of running cat 5.

Im sure as we learn more about this receiver you will be able to learn as well.
The beta testers will keep the others up to speed. ( at least I'd like to think so) I know I will try to do my part.

Monkey

The basic connection for a 922 will still be the same as the 722 or 622.

After you connect to your home or office network, you will need to install the Sling Media software and set up the sling portion of the 922.
Its a step by step set up and takes about 15 or 20 min.

However, slinging out to the internet is a bit different.
You will need to set up your router or wireless modem to port forward the sling box.

Its not to tricky to do but requires some advanced knowledge in the networking area.

I have a sling box solo and I had to let a Customer service Rep from sling do a Remote Assistance and take over my computer to get the port forwarding done.

Also you will need a pretty quick upload speed for the streaming to work properly, otherwise you get a choppy blurry playback on a remote computer.

An upload speed of 768 or better is a MUST.

Hope this helps.

Monkey

The basic connection for a 922 will still be the same as the 722 or 622.

After you connect to your home or office network, you will need to install the Sling Media software and set up the sling portion of the 922.
Its a step by step set up and takes about 15 or 20 min.

However, slinging out to the internet is a bit different.
You will need to set up your router or wireless modem to port forward the sling box.

Its not to tricky to do but requires some advanced knowledge in the networking area.

I have a sling box solo and I had to let a Customer service Rep from sling do a Remote Assistance and take over my computer to get the port forwarding done.

Also you will need a pretty quick upload speed for the streaming to work properly, otherwise you get a choppy blurry playback on a remote computer.

An upload speed of 768 or better is a MUST.

Hope this helps.

Monkey

It really just depends how you have your home network set-up. For most people that just have a basic home setup there is no need to change anything on their router at all.

Basic home network.

I myself have a basic home network.

A wireless DSL modem with a static IP address.

On the sling box solo I have I had to set up port forwarding to stream it on to the internet.

Viewing it through my home network was no big deal.

If your customer is good with just that, then your golden.

But, If someone in the house travels, or wants to watch the 922 on his/her blackberry/3g cellphone/ laptop VIA the internet, You WILL need to know how to configure their router/modem to port forward.

Trust me on this one guys.

The port being used for the beta is a non standard Sling port 5101 instead of 5001. The reason for this is because they don't want to conflict with other Slingboxes that might be on the network, especially since at the moment you can not currently reconfigure the Sling features on the 922.

The port being used for the beta is a non standard Sling port 5101 instead of 5001. The reason for this is because they don't want to conflict with other Slingboxes that might be on the network, especially since at the moment you can not currently reconfigure the Sling features on the 922.

Ding ding ding. Normally there will be NO adjustment to the router required at all. Just like all slingboxes. If someone had to make adjustments to their router to get a regular slingbox to work it is because of something that they changed in their home network.

I just purchased a HomePlug from Dish, and to my surprise it is labeled as: SlingLink Turbo HomePlug-to-Ethernet Adapter W1. I can only assume the 922 will be HomePlug enabled out of the box.

I hope they give the option of blanking the display and LEDs. Looks like it would be way too distracting in a dark room. It might just be the angle, but the LEDs look much brighter compared to the ones on the 722 below it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)