922 keeps losing timer schedule.

CSI007

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
PA
i keeping having to delete and recreate a majority of my timers several times a week. rebooted - same problem.

they keep showing nothing scheduled yet once recreated they populatewith the future shows.

How long have the timers been doing this. When you create them they show the future dates listed so is it when those dates past that new timers are not creating? Is you full guide information available? You stated you rebooted, do you mean unplugged from the power for 10 seconds? Can you please PM me your account information for me to review? Thank you!

How long have the timers been doing this? When you create them they show the future dates listed so is it when those dates past that new timers are not creating? Is you full guide information available? You stated you rebooted, do you mean unplugged from the power for 10 seconds? Can you please PM me your account information for me to review? Thank you!

It started about a month or so ago...maybe longer. I noticed that many of our favorite shows were not being recorded.

The timers are in the DVR timer list. When I click on them to show the timer schedule they will usually say no timers scheduled. However, if I were to delete it then recreate it with the same settings (like only new programs) the future recordings will be listed then.

I will have to watch it more closely to see if the timers lose their schedule after an episode has recorded. But last night I set up Discoverys Gold Rush to record new and reruns. It recorded fine at 11pm and 1am and I think 2am? So it got all of those...This is one of them that keeps losing its schedule.

This does not happen with all of the recordings and there seems to be no pattern or channel that this occurs on. Its random it seems.

We have a lot of timers and around the same time I think we had hit the max number of timers so I removed some older stuff (I really hate this limit BTW).

The guide is showing all data way out in to the future.

I hit the reset button last night, but in previous attempts I pulled power.

It started about a month or so ago...maybe longer. I noticed that many of our favorite shows were not being recorded.

The timers are in the DVR timer list. When I click on them to show the timer schedule they will usually say no timers scheduled. However, if I were to delete it then recreate it with the same settings (like only new programs) the future recordings will be listed then.

I will have to watch it more closely to see if the timers lose their schedule after an episode has recorded. But last night I set up Discoverys Gold Rush to record new and reruns. It recorded fine at 11pm and 1am and I think 2am? So it got all of those...This is one of them that keeps losing its schedule.

This does not happen with all of the recordings and there seems to be no pattern or channel that this occurs on. Its random it seems.

We have a lot of timers and around the same time I think we had hit the max number of timers so I removed some older stuff (I really hate this limit BTW).

The guide is showing all data way out in to the future.

I hit the reset button last night, but in previous attempts I pulled power.

This exact same thing has been happening to me for months now. This is easily the main problem that I have with the 922. When it occurs, it seems to be specific to a single night of shows. Wednesday and Sunday shows seems to be the most affected, probably because those are the nights when I record the most shows. Maybe I'm just imagining the single night thing, who knows?

The only way to fix it is to delete the timer and then recreate it. For a while, I thought it was only affecting shows that I set to record from Dish Remote Access or Dish Online, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I am also almost constantly at the 576 event limit, maybe it's tied to that? It's such a ridiculously low amount of events when so many shows repeat many times throughout the week, I wish that number would be increased.

Mine disappeared this last Wednesday (even after checking on their presence late Wed. afternoon,) and I wound up missing a couple shows I really like, and having to use alternate internet means to see them.

I think the whole scheme of having so many skip events generated based on first-showing record is somewhat odd on Dish's part, and it is something they could perhaps address in a future release. It is really evident how many skip events this generates if you choose a series recording of a Premium Channel series, where they have all sorts of repeats on several different of their channels. Yes, a new scheme would help, if they must be limited in the number of events permitted.

I am having this VERY problem and have for about two weeks. I have been on the phone with Dish a few times now and they tell me it is a software issue, but they have no fix for it. They are going to send me a new 922, but it may have the same problem. Honestly, this is a BASIC function of a DVR! Otherwise what is the point of having a DVR? I find the shows I have timers for record randomly. Most disappear on a daily basis after the receiver updates at 3am. If I go through and set up everything I want to watch to record once on the day I need it to record, most of the time it stays, but if I rely on anything for the next day, the timer (although in timers it is set) disappears form the daily schedule and from the guide showing it is to be recorded. I can't believe I am actually paying more for the 922 and for the DVR service when I the basic functionality isn't working and they can't tell when when it will be. This is not a minor issue, this is a major issue they should be fixing right away.

I agree. I have lost quite a few shows and it couldnt have happened at a worse time when most new seasons were starting.

AGAIN!
Wed. night. Checked the timers on Daily Schedule before leaving the house, just before 7 PM. Survivor (CBS) to record (from Series timer) all set to go. Saw 'White Christmas' was up on AMC, so decided to record that one instance.

Arrived back home approx. 8:45 PM, to find no red light. No Survivor recording. Checked Daily Schedule - all messed-up, except for White Christmas. While there were no recordings scheduled for tomorrow which were to cause conflicts, now there appears 3 conflicts. Where there was Fox and Friends on TV1 auto-tune, now somehow that is a conflict (although I have never ever set something to record at that time of day, just the one auto-tune.) Other things appear. Other things show up on the right but "No information available" on the left.

To those who might think "hardware" - I say "No, that's not it." Two Wednesdays in a row. Same scenario. Didn't happen at all other days of the week. Didn't really happen before the WeatherChannelApp half-version. Many others reporting this same issue. It is the SOFTWARE, or the load of the schedule into the 922's memory, or a combination of the two. Others have noticed that Wednesday night can be a particularly bad night for this.

Screenshot of the Daily Schedule. Seems to be just the series items that get affected. Click to see larger.
922_12.14.11.jpg

I would like a phone call, please, from a knowledgeable manager in the technology department for the 922. I have been a recent convert from DirecTV, and have been quick to forgive, and a big advocate for Dish, and being patient, but my patience is growing weaker. I am hoping the new software coming..... (when?) .... will correct many things. It could be a good sign that you are taking time to not rush it out and to fix many things. I don't know. But what I do know is that I want more of an answer than what is being given. Please call me. I work for a technology company myself, and I understand difficult times. But what I don't understand is not communicating.

Most of my important timers disappeared tonight as well. :(

I have about had it with this DVR. I used to love it and now it just is not doing what it's supposed to do. I was the first one on the east coast to have a 922 installed (according to dish anyway). But I am thinking of moving on to some other service with new equipment. I pay far to much for this stuff for it not to work correctly.

Early termination in a 2 year contract? How much is it with just about 3 months left?

Looking at Gold rush for this friday. It has two that are crossed out as already recorded and then there is no NEW episode listed!!! And of course nothing else past that either....just the two old shows crossed out.

This is madness.

Well I just thought I had a lucky 922 that did not have this problem but tonight it seems to have came around.

Between 8-9pm I lost signal due to a thunderstorm in the area. Not sure if this has something to do with it or not. Also my schedule isn't showing all timers that should be in the list. All timers are there but a lot don't have any scheduled or even skipped events.

This seems like a program guide data/software problem.

Also I went to a timer and changed it from dvr to autotune, saved, then back to dvr. Then it showed events to be recorded. Might be easier to just edit the timer then deleting and recreating it?
Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
It does appear that Autotune is somewhat immune to this software/guide/timer flaw. Furthermore, you are proving it can happen to Central timezone as well as Eastern timezone (and perhaps more than that - though, I only started to check on profiles for those reporting this problem.)

My latest test was to see what would happen if I just left my crazy Daily Schedule alone overnight. It somehow corrected itself, and it is back to normal this morning.

I am still having this problem. I went to see if something was recording today. I did not see the red light. Clearly set up in timers daily, but not in my daily schedule AND not recording. Stop charging me the DVR fee if your software isn't making using the DVR to record shows worthwhile! Hopefully DISH will get this fixed soon, but I am few UP.

It does appear that Autotune is somewhat immune to this software/guide/timer flaw. Furthermore, you are proving it can happen to Central timezone as well as Eastern timezone (and perhaps more than that - though, I only started to check on profiles for those reporting this problem.)

My latest test was to see what would happen if I just left my crazy Daily Schedule alone overnight. It somehow corrected itself, and it is back to normal this morning.

I guess I'll see if I'm any better in the morning. This is the first time that this has happened to me.

Well, you have certainly provided proof that it is more than just the Eastern and Central timezones. Thanks. Also AKST now. What night exactly - was it last night - on Monday night? Can you say what network or networks were involved in your Daily Schedule for the evening you had the 'no information' glitch? Mine was CBS. Trying to find the common denominators, which might help Dish isolate the problem. I personally believe there is a combo of something from the downloaded guide, maybe a particular network, and the recording timer, and the 922 software, because it doesn't happen to everyone - just some, but certainly broadly enough to show it is not a hardware issue.

While some may think the overnight "Update" does the trick - I would point out that running the 'Update' on the night of the 'no information' timer glitch does no good. It seems it has to be sometime the next day - early morning. Also, it has not done any good to soft-reset with red button, or hard-reset with AC power disconnect.

Last edited:
Well, you have certainly provided proof that it is more than just the Eastern and Central timezones. Thanks. Also AKST now. What night exactly - was it last night - on Monday night? Can you say what network or networks were involved in your Daily Schedule for the evening you had the 'no information' glitch? Mine was CBS. Trying to find the common denominators, which might help Dish isolate the problem. I personally believe there is a combo of something from the downloaded guide, maybe a particular network, and the recording timer, and the 922 software, because it doesn't happen to everyone - just some, but certainly broadly enough to show it is not a hardware issue.

While some may think the overnight "Update" does the trick - I would point out that running the 'Update' on the night of the 'no information' timer glitch does no good. It seems it has to be sometime the next day - early morning. Also, it has not done any good to soft-reset with red button, or hard-reset with AC power disconnect.

It happened last night(Monday) and the timers them selves looked fine. On the schedule though, all scheduled events had "No Info Available". Looking at the listing the times were all out of whack also.

I tried a soft reset and a point dish last night and those did not work.

Yes, this is exactly what I have seen as well. And your scheduled timers for last night were on what network(s)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts