922 Limits question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Rule I always heard was East of the Mississippi one side and the other side to the West.

Here's my situation:
I have 18 inch actuators on my 5 foot and 8 foot dishes. With my 5 foot dish I can go from C4 west to W3 east. But with my 8 foot, I go from C4 west and up to GB east. While programming the satellites on either 920 or 922 on the 8 foot I cannot get past the GB bird because I had reached the physical limit. While on the C4 bird I have only a coupla inches left on the end of the tube. The mounting on my 8 foot dish is a lot larger than the 5 foot dish mount.
How can I adjust the actuator on the 8 foot dish so I can reach the other eastern birds past the GB bird?

Here's my situation:
I have 18 inch actuators on my 5 foot and 8 foot dishes. With my 5 foot dish I can go from C4 west to W3 east. But with my 8 foot, I go from C4 west and up to GB east. While programming the satellites on either 920 or 922 on the 8 foot I cannot get past the GB bird because I had reached the physical limit. While on the C4 bird I have only a coupla inches left on the end of the tube. The mounting on my 8 foot dish is a lot larger than the 5 foot dish mount.
How can I adjust the actuator on the 8 foot dish so I can reach the other eastern birds past the GB bird?

the best way to set an actuator is to drive the actuator all the way closed (little tube all the way inside the big tube). with the dish aimed and tracking loosen the tube clamp and slide the actuator thru it until the dish is aimed at the proper sat (your most east or west sat depending on orientation). leave a little bit of slack maybe an 1/8 or a 1/4 inch travel and tighten the tube clamp. extending the actuator will now give you the most useful travel. if the travel is still lacking and your actuator is indeed all the way safely extended then you need a longer actuator. i can do about 110 or so degrees with a 24" actuator on my 10 foot mesh. remember that its all geometry and a 24 inch jack attached at bad points will produce less travel than a properly attached jack.

crackt out,.

Thank you Crackt.
I will try that tomorrow. I will let you know how that go.
I thought the 24 inch actuator is used only for big and heavy BUDs.

i wonder if the post starter is gettin any where with his setup?

o guys, settin up the 4dtv with either linear/east or west i only stressed on this because he is new to it, but it does not really matter once you now what you are doin. . .eg: my dish originally was set up for linear/west, its now linear/east and i hav not and dont plan to change that settin. . .either way the jack goes in an out. . .you just need to remember that west is east and east is west.

also i hav a 24" von weise on my 10' and i can track from 135w to 37.5w and can still go a bit more. . .i adjusted my clamp to about 1.5" from the end of the main tube.

I am hoping to find a 10 foot mesh dish, to replace the 8 foot dish. That 8 foot dish made a great difference from that 5 foot dish. (I swapped the dishes aound). I am using the 8 foot on my 922 since I subscribe some channels, along with C-Band FTA on my Quali receiver.
My 5 foot will be used for my 920 (no subscription)and mainly for the FTA C-Band channels.

Tank you

We have have it all up and running. C-Band c4 to GB

We had a bad jack and took us a while to narrow it down

We got a new one last night and within 3 hours had it all setup and programmed

Thank you to everyone who helped us.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)