922 remote antenna question for DIRT

Entirely possible, Scooby. It seems pretty logical. I did mention to check and see if a router was close. I guess I should also mention this may also be a problem if the receiver has the wireless adapter connected (may be interfering as well).

Emailing platform manager with regard to this to see if there is some other recommended 'fix' to the problem.

BTW, Scooby, do you own a Cherokee?

Yup those were the days, you always looked forward to getting the new Radio Shack catalog every year.

I looked.. Saw nothing, but with regard to your comment about how Radio Shack used to be, I miss those days.. Along with Tandy outlet stores. HEHE. I used to grab an RC car every time I went (and they would break often enough with me behind the 'wheel' that it had to happen every time I went).

BTW you should have access to the service manual (NOT the owners manual) for the 922 in house at Dish that would have the parts list for that receiver including the antenna/connector you are looking for.
Bob

I looked.. Saw nothing, but with regard to your comment about how Radio Shack used to be, I miss those days.. Along with Tandy outlet stores. HEHE. I used to grab an RC car every time I went (and they would break often enough with me behind the 'wheel' that it had to happen every time I went).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the UHF remote for the 922 used a different frequency range than the standard UHF Dish remotes. Basically more like a wireless router, cell phone, or a CB radio, and that the antenna would need to be tuned for that specific frequency/ range of frequencies. Meaning that it would have to be a certain length to work correctly. That being the case adding a piece of coax to it would mean the coax would need to be an exact specific length to correctly keep the antenna tuned to the frequency it works on, and may be the reason of the proprietary connector.

The length of the coax cable has nothing (well, almost nothing) to do with the frequency that the antenna is tuned to--the later is based on the length & shaped of the antenna. Otherwise it would be really difficult to install an OTA TV antenna:).

Entirely possible, Scooby. It seems pretty logical. I did mention to check and see if a router was close. I guess I should also mention this may also be a problem if the receiver has the wireless adapter connected (may be interfering as well).

Emailing platform manager with regard to this to see if there is some other recommended 'fix' to the problem.

BTW, Scooby, do you own a Cherokee?

Yes I do. Sadly I totaled it about 4 years ago, but I still have it. Had plans, but unfortunately financially have never been able to carry them out. What tipped you off? The "xj", and are you a member of naxja.org?