922 Sling Issues?

nevarDeath said:
dish.sling.com has a blurb about al the new updates at dishnetwork.com and how the dish.sling.com address won't be around much longer. I tried to sign up a new account through the slingplayer app and it said my email address is already signed up :/ I hesitate to create a sling account with my wife's email as I'm not sure how that will affect my future access through the 'proper' dish channels.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

The message that it won't be around much longer has been there more than a year already.

Dang, I too am having issues that I went through the internet trying to find solutions and ended up here... I have had the 922 for about 2 months and finally decided to try the sling on my laptop and on my phone. I was able to stream to my laptop but had problems switching channels, it was very slow... I could not access the dvr... I tried using sling with my android and kept on getting messages that my receiver is not connected to the internet The receiver is plugged in with several other devices to a switch that is in turn plugged in to a powerline type device on the wall. All my other equipment works flawlessly with this set up except the 922. In boadband settings I get intermittent connections to server and internet wherein one minute it is green 'ok' and the other minute it is red 'failed'. My phone was able to stream this morning but with terrible freezing then I got the message again that receiver is not connected to the net... I called dish and asked them to exchange my 922 for the 722 with the sling adaptor.. CSR said they would and give me the 200 refund.. I doubt about the refund though as it seemed like the CSR from another country just wanted me to get off the phone... Dish better step their game up or risk losing another customer.

Gave it a try today and my iPad connected to my 922 just fine. First time in a long time. Hope it is indeed fixed now...

tpautler said:
Gave it a try today and my iPad connected to my 922 just fine. First time in a long time. Hope it is indeed fixed now...

It worked for me yesterday too after almost a month of not working, but it stopped working again today. :-(

Mine has been dead 3 weeks, no android, no PC, DRA dead, DO dead....But I have a guide that shows my locals and another citys? No OTA's showing up ether in guide...Its a disaster and not getting fixed anytime quickly.....

Pay more, Get less!!!! woho a proud owner of a VIP922

jrekcuz said:
It worked for me yesterday too after almost a month of not working, but it stopped working again today. :-(

My iPad just connected ok a few minutes ago. My Droid phone can't seem to log in. Just too buggy!

Streaming over LAN instead of WAN

Over the last week or two it appears that content no longer streams over my LAN instead of the WAN when using my iPad at home. I get low bandwidth warnings and the video eventually just stops. Can someone tell me how to determine which route (LAN -vs- WAN) the video is streaming over? When I sniff at my gateway and stream via a browser and the old DRA site, I notice a tcp stream on port 5101 between my 922 and laptop. Will streaming to the iPad happen over the same port? Both devices are on the same network, iPad is wireless of course, 922 is via CAT5.

I have a cable modem with 3Mbps Upload connected to a Linksys WRT54G, my 922 is hardwired directly to the switch. I have intermittent connection issues where the box doesn't have a connection. When I try to watch on my Ipad inside my own house (local network) I always get the low bandwidth warning message. On my Ipad the speed reports anywhere from 400Kbps to 1500 Kbps. Most of the time when I am away from my house I connection problems with my PC and android phone. Very frustrating this thing does work that well. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Oh ya, i also did a upload/download check on my network and I do have close to 3Mbps upload.

Make sure to enable UPNP and anonymous ping from WAN.
You can get more control over a Linksys router by downloading and installing WRT software (free) - but it is a leap of faith, and then some learning new controls for your router.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)