922 test Speed to qualify

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Connectivity Test ToolSystem Requirements System Recommendations for Video StreamingNetwork RequirementsHD StreamingBandwidth of 3 Mbps or higher (same for upstream bandwidth for viewing from outside home network) QVGA StreamingBandwidth of 600 Kbps or higher (same for upstream bandwidth for viewing from outside home network)Lesser than QVGA Streaming (e.g. on mobile device) Bandwidth of 150 Kbps or higher (same for upstream bandwidth for viewing from outside home network)PC Requirements HD StreamingIntel 2.4 GHz Core 2 duo class processor with 2 GB of RAMSD/QVGA StreamingPentium IV classOperating SystemMicrosoft XP, Vista, or Windows 7Mac RequirementsHD StreamingIntel 2.8 GHz Core 2 duo class processor with 2 GB of RAM
SD/QVGA StreamingSame as HD Operating SystemOS 10.5.7 or higherBrowser SpecificationsInternet ExplorerVersion 7 or higherFire FoxVersion 3.5 or higher SafariVersion 4.0 or higherSD/QVGA StreamingSame as HD Operating SystemOS 10.5.7 or higherBrowser SpecificationsInternet ExplorerVersion 7 or higherFire FoxVersion 3.5 or higher SafariVersion 4.0 or higher

Looks like we crashed their server. :D :D

Ahh the power of SatelliteGuys...

You got to wonder how many 922's are being ordered because of us today... We are the only site actively talking about it and with a full review.

I wish DISH would open a special line just for SatelliteGuys members to call. :D

yup it was working alittle bit ago. NOW I can not even get it to work. As soon as I added it this it went blank. Even scotts link does not work now.

here is the routers they reccomend

Connectivity Test ToolRecommended Routers

1LinksysWRT400N Simultaneous Dual-Band Wireless-N Router
2D-LinkDGL-4500 Xtreme N Gaming Router
3D-LinkEBR-2310 Ethernet Broadband Router

here is the routers they reccomend

Connectivity Test ToolRecommended Routers

1LinksysWRT400N Simultaneous Dual-Band Wireless-N Router
2D-LinkDGL-4500 Xtreme N Gaming Router
3D-LinkEBR-2310 Ethernet Broadband Router

Koilvr would you please edit your two posts and change the COLOR to black so that a person can actually see it without "highlighting" it. The shade you are using is almost impossible to see.

Last edited:
Koilvr would you please edit your two posts and change the COLOR to black so that a person can actually see it without "highlighting" it. The shade you are using is almost impossible to see.

If your monitor is calibrated correctly u would not have that issue, also all I did was copy it from the dish site. I saw it perfect so I thought others would to. I have no way to edit it since it is a copy which is weird and I am on my iPad. Great week iPad and a 922 in my hands this is Christmas right?

Essentially unless you have DOSIS3.0 or FIOS you will not be able to stream HD.

DSL upstream is usually under 1 megabit/sec, and even U-Verse max turbo is 3MB max, probably iffy.

Most cable is under 1.5mbit/sec. Unless you get DOSIS 3.0 and sub to a high tier plan.

FIOS is really the only service with base upload speed starting at 5mbit/sec that will really work. But, then if you have FIOS you probably do not have Dish network.

Essentially unless you have DOSIS3.0 or FIOS you will not be able to stream HD.

DSL upstream is usually under 1 megabit/sec, and even U-Verse max turbo is 3MB max, probably iffy.

Most cable is under 1.5mbit/sec. Unless you get DOSIS 3.0 and sub to a high tier plan.

FIOS is really the only service with base upload speed starting at 5mbit/sec that will really work. But, then if you have FIOS you probably do not have Dish network.

That's not true I have Dosis2.0 and get 3.98 upload speeds with comcast

And I have DOCSIS 3.0 and the top pack I can get is 15down/1up, as that's all TWC in my area offers.

TWC top tier at this time is 50/5, but of course it is in limited areas. Here I have 30/1.5 on TWC.

Cable systems vary across the US, but I would bet that most cable customers do not have 3mbit/sec up service. It could be available in bigger cities, but most do not pay for the upper tiers.

Anyone using WIMAX or 4G? I just signed up for it today and will be getting the modem tomorrow. If it doesn't work very well, not specifically with the 922 test, in general I may just stick with cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)