922 vs 722 - On Demand differences

JonUrban

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Eastern Connecticut
I have a 922 and a 722. I usually use the 922, but the other day I was home sick and was watching the 722 and noticed the new On Demand section. It was pretty impressive, with a grid of different cable networks to select from and then the shows on that network. (I assume these shows when selected come through the broadband connection, not the Sat).

I checked my 922 the next day, and the On Demand was nowhere near as robust, with only a few selections available.

Is the 722 "ahead" of the 922? Strange. Anyone know?

(NOTE: I did a search and didn't find anything)

The 722 is ahead of the 922 in a lot of ways. There is no reason for DISH to be charging $4 more a month for the 922 when it does so much less then a 722 with Sling adapter.

The 722 is ahead of the 922 in a lot of ways. There is no reason for DISH to be charging $4 more a month for the 922 when it does so much less then a 722 with Sling adapter.

Do you ever think that DISH will either reconsider the extra $4.00 fee or give something more of value to the 922 in the way of features, to make up for it?

Do you ever think that DISH will either reconsider the extra $4.00 fee or give something more of value to the 922 in the way of features, to make up for it?

Dish is money hungry will never give up that extra $4.00 per month. Sad thou since the 922 is behind the eight ball virus the 722 in so nany ways.

Thank you regarding the $4 per month charge. Yours truly had been arguing that in a different thread with a number of posters defending the $4 charge POST Sling Adapter release. If you say so, one can just about take it to the bank.

I don't think the $4 charge will ever go away for the 922, but I do believe that the subsequent, follow-up, new generation box to the 922 won't come with a $4 per month extra charge.

Darn good question. The most recent fee change in our favor was the elimination of the EHD $40 one-time fee. Last year HD went FFL, and I remember getting NBR on my 501. But that was a long time ago.

Wait, is there really a higher charge for the 922? I just upgraded, or rather finished upgrading with an appointment scheduled for Sunday and the dude insisted my bill wouldn't go up other than the $200 one-time charge to upgrade...

I have a 922 and a 722. I usually use the 922, but the other day I was home sick and was watching the 722 and noticed the new On Demand section. It was pretty impressive, with a grid of different cable networks to select from and then the shows on that network. (I assume these shows when selected come through the broadband connection, not the Sat).

I checked my 922 the next day, and the On Demand was nowhere near as robust, with only a few selections available.

Is the 722 "ahead" of the 922? Strange. Anyone know?

(NOTE: I did a search and didn't find anything)

New On Demand section on the 722? How come I'm not seeing it. Am I missing something?

Do you subscribe to the $10 a month HD Platinum Package? If not then you wont see it.
Why is dish networks communication so bad? If you go to there web site and read about the Platinum Package I find nothing about more vod choices with it. Might be good to let you subscribers know what is in a package your selling.

Do you subscribe to the $10 a month HD Platinum Package? If not then you wont see it.
I'll have to check if there's something "newer" since last time I looked (less than a week), but I had a wide selection to pick from BEFORE I got the Platinum package. Did I get it because of having Absolute ? Who knows...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)