You have a link or are you simply spouting BS? You may be trying to be sarcastic but you need emojis for that or people will take you seriously. But then again, the source!
Invisible source to me.

I am trying to understand what is the big deal about On-Demand, all it is a bunch of repeats that has already ran or is currently running on the channels, if you have a DVR then On-Demand is pretty redundant.

And why the comparison to Netflix which is airing tons of new programming (a lot of it in 4K), On-Demand does nothing towards new stuff.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: Gobucks
I am trying to understand what is the big deal about On-Demand, all it is a bunch of repeats that has already ran or is currently running on the channels, if you have a DVR then On-Demand is pretty redundant.

And why the comparison to Netflix which is airing tons of new programming (a lot of it in 4K), On-Demand does nothing towards new stuff.

Well, because some people like some of those repeats that aren't currently playing, so not available to DVR

Reactions: Bobby
I have the HWS and TiVo, but I use my LG remote for Prime and Netflix, because it has a seperate button for each service and they are 4k or UHD, when available. Much clearer picture when using the LG UHD 65" tv.

Are all of the 95,000 titles FREE are some PPV?

We sometimes miss programs we'd like to see because we're traveling and can't always DVR them. On-demand means we still get to watch them when we're stationary again. Or sometimes we don't become aware of a quality program until well into the season or even the next season, and on-demand lets us catch up. The "Yellowstone" series on Paramount is a good example. Somehow we overlooked it last season, so this season we've been catching up on season 1 before starting season 2, thanks to on-demand.

I missed the first 7 episodes of Last Man Standing this season, but when I go to On Demand at Dish, sometimes all the missing episodes are available and sometimes they are not even available. Why? The show is on Fox.

It would be the exact same for the wally receiver. Same UI as the hopper. As far as VIP receivers go, I actually have no idea if they have access to all that new on demand or not. Good question.

Okay, I forgot that some people don't consider the Wally as a dvr even though it has full dvr functionality and four tuners.

I have the HWS and TiVo, but I use my LG remote for Prime and Netflix, because it has a seperate button for each service and they are 4k or UHD, when available. Much clearer picture when using the LG UHD 65" tv.

Are all of the 95,000 titles FREE are some PPV?
Both. Probably more are free, if you include Shows. Movies are mixed

Reactions: charlesrshell
Streaming. but not able to download

Just my own experience here, but when I had a VIP receiver, I couldn't get Dish Anywhere to work. I intalled it on my phone and on my tablet, but both would not allow me to stream. Is that working now?

The qualify words for the Wally would be: "CAN have full DVR functionality and four tuners with available options."

True. I guess I just assumed most people would do that.

Forgive me, I'm knee deep in my own ignorance here.

theBruce said "all it is a bunch of repeats that has already ran or is currently running on the channels, if you have a DVR then On-Demand is pretty redundant."

Then, HipKat said "Well, because some people like some of those repeats that aren't currently playing, so not available to DVR"

Whereas, Bobby responded "and, not everyone has a DVR..."

Which prompts my question, what person who does not have a DVR would have access to Video on Demand? And, I guess the answer is a Wally owner who didn't activate the DVR features.

Reactions: NYDutch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)