942 $200 Rebate - On Your Bill / Not Rebate Check

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
They just announced on the Charlie Chat tonight that on April 1st that the $200 that you get back will show up on your bill and go towards your outstanding balance. Dish makes out once again.

Makes no difference to me as long as I can get a 622 for $99. Hopefully on April 1 when I order 1 I'll be able to get it this year:rolleyes:

I don't see this as being a huge deal...much better than filling out some rebate form, copying the receipt, cutting out a UPC label, spending 39 cents on a stamp and another 5 cents on an envelope, and then waiting 10-12 weeks for a refund check.

riffjim4069 said:
I don't see this as being a huge deal...much better than filling out some rebate form, copying the receipt, cutting out a UPC label, spending 39 cents on a stamp and another 5 cents on an envelope, and then waiting 10-12 weeks for a refund check.

Heck yes! Especially for those of us whose bills are close to or exceed $100/month anyway. This is much the way Sprint used to give phone credits in the past - simply a credit to the bill. The difference was, you could then bill a new phone to your account.

Question: any chance those of us with a good credit rating can have the $299 upgrade fee billed to our Dish accounts?

CDH.

Stargazer said:
They just announced on the Charlie Chat tonight that on April 1st that the $200 that you get back will show up on your bill and go towards your outstanding balance. Dish makes out once again.
So what's wrong with that?

I don't understand the problem either. I think this is by far the best solution. Rebate forms/checks seem to get lost (not speaking of experience with Dish, just other companies). I'm happy with this decision.

CDH -
Why do you want the $299 put on your bill? Just put it on a card and pay when you CC bill comes.

lakebum431 said:
CDH -
Why do you want the $299 put on your bill? Just put it on a card and pay when you CC bill comes.

The 299.00 hits the account the 200 rebate hits the account 99 bucks out of pocket expense v.s. 300 on the credit card.

Sam

lakebum431 said:
Ah, yes, but that is $200 worth of points on my credit card :)

That is a valid point... and probably the direction I'd take, but for many people having $99 hit the credit card instead of $299 is a consideration.

For me: I simply like the idea of not having to pay for something until it is actually delivered, at least in the case of Dish network. If there are problems it should be easier for them to cancel a charge to my Dish account than to my credit card.

CDH.

CDH said:
Heck yes! Especially for those of us whose bills are close to or exceed $100/month anyway. This is much the way Sprint used to give phone credits in the past - simply a credit to the bill. The difference was, you could then bill a new phone to your account.

Question: any chance those of us with a good credit rating can have the $299 upgrade fee billed to our Dish accounts?

CDH.

They did it for me this way. I'm on CC Auto Pay and have about $200 a month. I also have been a subscriber for 5.5 years.

You don't get billed for the unit until it is installed!!! The 299 is charged to your cc but it goes as a credit on your bill then after the install you are billed the 299.99 for the receiver. I for one am not giving back my 942 for 200.00. I will keep my 942 and pay the 299 for a 622. Much rather have 2 hd dvrs. Next year when supplies are readily available or if somehow new receiver then i will upgrade my 942. My install is March 25. So right now i have the a credit balance on my account since the 299 more than paid last months dish bill.

you guys dont under stand? this deal sucks, if you listen correctly the 200.00 rebate will sit on your account till you close your account that's Bullsh!t then they will chare you the hd upgrade fee 6.00 one time. 6.00 rental fee each month and the 5.00 a month recevier fee if you lease,if you buy a 622 you will save on the lease fee only check your dish bill for there fees its noted there that Bullsh!t too so if anyone now thinks this is a good deal i dont period. they are extorting your hard earn money, there laughing at all of us when they read the posts here,so if any dishnetwork csr or charile,jim is reading this f**k you,and your customer service ,they hav'int done sh*t for anyone keep your 942 let them sweat alot boycotte there new hd pack it's not worth a sh*t anyway you only save nothing.f**k them

Stargazer said:

What's the problem with this? Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Bill1767 said:
you guys dont under stand? this deal sucks, if you listen correctly the 200.00 rebate will sit on your account till you close your account that's Bullsh!t then they will chare you the hd upgrade fee 6.00 one time. 6.00 rental fee each month and the 5.00 a month recevier fee if you lease,if you buy a 622 you will save on the lease fee only check your dish bill for there fees its noted there that Bullsh!t too so if anyone now thinks this is a good deal i dont period. they are extorting your hard earn money, there laughing at all of us when they read the posts here,so if any dishnetwork csr or charile,jim is reading this f**k you,and your customer service ,they hav'int done sh*t for anyone keep your 942 let them sweat alot boycotte there new hd pack it's not worth a sh*t anyway you only save nothing.f**k them

Please keep it clean we are a family forum :) Its OK to state your opinions but try to keep it clean at least :)

BobMurdoch said:
F'in A, keep it clean....

Yea - what he said :D
wtf.gif
wtf.gif

I did not say anything was wrong with it. Its good that people do not have to wait for a refund check that might get lost in the mail and by the time someone would get a refund check you could have it used up on the Dish account. I just simply stated that Dish makes out because they are getting their $299 back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)