942 Acting Up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SouthRider

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Covington, La
My 942 in dual mode will not show locals on both TV1 & TV2 simultaneously MOST of the time.

Sometimes it works just fine, and other times if you are watching locals on either 1 or 2 & try to turn on the other it knocks out the one you were watching 1st.

Also - last night we were out & came home to watch Survivior which was set to record - it didn't record. According to Earl came on, and I noticed it wasn't recording either, so I tried a manual record - it accepted all the commands - but didn't start recording.

I re-booted and when it came up it immediately started recording Earl.

I'm hesitant to call customer service because they will have me re-boot & things will work while I am on the phone with them. this thing has been acting up for weeks now & it's making me crazy.

Any suggestions? :confused:

Last edited:
OK - I finally had time to stay home & call customer service.

I have now learned that the DPP44 is a POWERED switch, and requires an adapter inserted into the coax with a transformer plugged in.

I was not furnished one of these, and there is none in my home. My install took 5 tries by these geniuses, and not one time was this mentioned.

My question to one of you who really knows - does this sound like the possible cause of my symptoms?

This thing has been working intermittently since the install was completed a couple months ago (but mostly working fine).

The check switch test always comes out fine.

Of course they want me to sit at home for 4 hours for a 6th time to get this right, and I'm getting tired of it.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)