942 and Legacy Quad LNB

BearcatScott

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
Springboro, OH
Can the 942 be connected to two feeds from a legacy quad LNB? I just got the 942 and wanted to hook it up before we move in a couple of weeks (will have a Dish 1000 at the new house).

Thanks,

Scott

All receivers work with Legacy LNB's/switches so yes it will work

If you had DishPro before, make sure to do a check switch to clear everything BEFORE you hook up the lines from the dish

yes you do need 2 lines from the LNB

BearcatScott said:
Can the 942 be connected to two feeds from a legacy quad LNB? I just got the 942 and wanted to hook it up before we move in a couple of weeks (will have a Dish 1000 at the new house).

Thanks,

Scott
Better off using DISH PRO PLUS TWIN LNBF. Works with longer runs of cable. You should be using a qualified cable from LNBF to receivers, that is at least 2.25 GHZ. all connections such as ground block, f barrel connectors at wall plate should have blue insert for 2 GHZ signal. Use linear compression fittings on all cables-outside must have o-rings and seals on the cable end to keep out moisture and have properly installed coiled service loops. Cable shouldn't have and sharp bends or kinks (especially not stapled!) Coax is like a water hose, if it gets bent out of shape or damaged it won't work properly. DishPro technology uses a signal to switch satellites and polarities rather than voltage-much more efficient. The only drawback to the DPP Twin LNBF is that you can only connect two 2-tuner receivers or a 2-tuner receiver and a single tuner receiver to it. Compatible with all receivers.

Correction, you may have to use a DP44 switch because of the number of receivers and the type of antenna you have. The DPP technology does let you use one cable into a two-tuner receiver through a DISH approved band separator at the satellite in ports (looks like a splitter turned backwards. Diplexers are handy for the backfeed to TV2. That one cable can carry as many as three signals at one time. I have sent channel 3, the tuner 2 output from the receiver as well as bringing the satellite signal in. Ain't technology great! Pardon my English.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)