942 emergency connection question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ericpd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
I have a 3 month old Mit 62" HDTV connected to my new 942. The Mit died the other day and the visiting repair person said the problem and extended/standard warranty qualified me for a replacement. They came and pulled it out of the wall this morning. I rolled my VERY old Toshiba 4x3 Hi-def into the hole but realized there was no way of connecting the 942. If you guys can remember, the very very early HD's only had three types of connections, co-ax, s-video and component. And component was reserved for the high-end models which mine ain't. So I'm stuck with s-video and co-ax (not even Hi-def formats) only on the Toshiba and component and DVI only on the 942. I guess with some head-scratching I could figure out how to use the TV2 outs, but they're occupied feeding the set in the basement and there's a neiborhood full of teens (including two who belong to me) who would riot if I yanked that.

Is there a way to rig something or down convert a component signal to a s-video connection so my 942 won't be idle for what I understand could be as long as three to four weeks?

Thanks!

I havent seen the back of a 942 in a while, do you see an rca outs on the tv 2 side? If so hook up tv2 to your fred flintstone hdtv and tell the kids that they will have to share for a few days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)