942 installation question

Raptor

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
I'm going to be getting a 942 and want to hook it up where I have a 510 now. Can I use a splitter or dp plus seperator to feed the 2nd tuner? I found some info on this a while ago I know it's dependent on the lnb's but I can't remember where I found it. My LNB's 's say Dish pro, when I do a check swith with the 510 it says dp quad1. What do I need to make this work?

thanks
Jason

the dealer told me the 942 comes with a dish maybe I should wait and see which one it comes with.

StevenD
thanks for the reply, I checked it out but I think I screwed up by not giving enough info. I will need to run a total of 3 maybe 4 recievers (haven't decided yet). the recievers will be a 921, a 942, and a 510. (maybe another a 510 or 301). (where the 942 is going where there is a 510 now with only one cable I would like to keep it that way but would run another line if it's more cost effective)I don't think I'll be able to do this without installing 1 or 2 switches. is there any place I can check out various wiring diagrams for this type of config?

Jason

I don't know if a dpp44 switch is an option for you but it will run four receivers and allow you to use a seperator to run both tuners of your 942 off one line. The switches are kinda expensive although some people have gotten then off ebay. Just be carefull as some of that stuff is HOT!

Just buy a DPP44, you can run up to 4 dual tuner receivers off it with one cable each.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts