942 L229 Software Release Notes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here from Mark Lamutt at DBSTalk.COM are the release notes for today's 942 software update.

1. 110/119 Spotbeam transponder checkswitch support for Fairbanks and Puerto Rico smaller dish installs.

2. Pop-up reminder message support for delinquent accounts.

3. Some low-level changes from L227 for DISH 1000 support.

In other words, unles you live in Alaska or Puerto Rico...it is not a big deal.

Since I got the update, the picture does not match the voice on the Voom channels anymore !:mad:

I have been seeing lip sync problems since the last update we got before this one yesterday. I tried to watch Muscle Beach Party several times during the week , because it aired over and over again, and it was out of sync every time. I sent an email to the dishquality people and they say they don't see it. Reboot didn't work for me either. Try sending them one too . The more people who write them maybe they will fix it.
dishquality@echostar.com

MikeD-C05 said:
I have been seeing lip sync problems since the last update we got before this one yesterday. I tried to watch Muscle Beach Party several times during the week , because it aired over and over again, and it was out of sync every time. I sent an email to the dishquality people and they say they don't see it. Reboot didn't work for me either. Try sending them one too . The more people who write them maybe they will fix it.
dishquality@echostar.com

Sent it !

Thanks I hope they do something about it. I even notice it when I am watching Voom downconverted to my analog television via coax. So I know it is on their end.

MikeD-C05 said:
Thanks I hope they do something about it. I even notice it when I am watching Voom downconverted to my analog television via coax. So I know it is on their end.

Dish sent me a e-mail stating
Our engineering team has been able to confirm this lip synch issue. They will be researching and troubleshooting.

I also spoke to a tech member who said it will need a software update/correction.

Got the same email and they called me from dishtech support . She took all my software and boostrap information. She also took down my a/v receivers and model numbers and she said they would be turning over the information to the engineers to research it and possible to do a software update to fix it too. It pays when everyone sends emails to the dishquality department. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts