942 L284 Release Notes (now Spooling)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Some of the things that changed or are fixed are...
The Copyright screen has been updated to 2006
Support has been added for Echostar X
They have fixed the 007 error that some were having with PPV.
They have added *99 option in phone setup for VOIP users
They have changed the nag screen which pops up if you don't have a phone line hooked up to make it more generic.

And thats it.

I was hoping for an fix to audio-sync and audio-drop outs. Darn.....good thing a 622 is in my not too distant future. Hope these will be fixed in the 622.

Hmmm, so the audio-dropouts that occur every 15 seconds or so (usually while watching an HD program while recording another) is being seen by others too? I figured it was just my 942.

I'm not hearing any dropouts. But my A/V receiver is unable to detect a non-DD audio stream from the 942. It works fine with the 4900, 7100, 510, and 811 Dish receivers.

Last edited:
What I see on my 942 - If I'm using the HDMI input to the HDTV (so the audio is all thru the HDTV) - I get occasional audio dropouts. Not as often as every 15 seconds - but usually don't go more than 2 minutes without a brief drop out.

I've seen this on OTA HD channels and Sat HD channels. I don't think I've seen it on Sat SD channels - but I'm not sure. I changed & mostly use the component video + rca or optical audio. (Saves getting grief from the rest of the family over the dropouts).

Even with being able to put the * in the prefix for dialing, I still have a problem connecting to my account. The inital connection is made (no $5 nag), but I get a connection error when it tries to find my account.

-SNT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts