942 no audio

Larrykay

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2005
Got my 942 hooked up and everything seems to be working fine. HD channels come in crystal clear. But I'm having one small problem with the audio. after the TV and the 942 have been shutoff for awhile say a few hours, I have no sound when I turn everything back on. I had to pull out the HDMI cord and plug it back in. I'm using the HDMI that came with the receiver. Seems like it only does this after sitting a few hours or overnight. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone figure out what causes this.Any help would be appreciated. DISH is clueless.
Thanks

Larrykay said:
Got my 942 hooked up and everything seems to be working fine. HD channels come in crystal clear. But I'm having one small problem with the audio. after the TV and the 942 have been shutoff for awhile say a few hours, I have no sound when I turn everything back on. I had to pull out the HDMI cord and plug it back in. I'm using the HDMI that came with the receiver. Seems like it only does this after sitting a few hours or overnight. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone figure out what causes this.Any help would be appreciated. DISH is clueless.
Thanks

I'm losing audio too. Mostly when programming is delayed. It seems for me that it's a Dolby Digital problem, because if I switch to PCM audio, it fixes the problem. E* is working on a fix. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Thanks will give it a try. Hooked up the 942 with component cables sound dosn't drop. and its always in sync.

Odd, that is a new issue that Ive never heard of or run across in the field. Call back to dish and ask to talk to someone in advanced tech support, the initial csr will most likely want to know why so tell them that you have an uncommon trend issue with your 942 having audio problems with the hdmi connected.

How's this?

Larrykay said:
Thanks

I have the 942 and a Samsung DVD-HD931 (hooked up via DVI/HDMI cable) into a Gefen 2X1 HDMI Switcher, into my Mits WD-52725 HDMI port. Audio is also hooked up via optical from these components to a Denon 1804 reciever, to get Surround Sound. Lately I have been having trouble with the 942 loosing audio out of the Denon. When I have the 942 on a DD channel and do a "Swap" to the other tuner with DD or PCM I have no sound. If I flip the "Swap" back to the previous channel and then to the one I flipped over to, I get sound. I do have sound from the HDMI cable, cause I can turn the TV sound up and it's there. Is anybody experiencing this too? Is it the 942 or something else? This happens all the time, not just after sitting a few hours. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Lyle :confused:

I run my sound out through the optical but I will say this: I think the HDMI signal out of the port on the 942 is a little weak. When I first hooked this box up using HDMI I wasn't all that impressed with the PQ. Today I bought a DVD Player with 1080i up conversion and it requires HDMI to use the UC. Well, I reconnected the PVR using component and the PQ is actually better.

I'm not sure if the problem is the signal coming out of the HDMI port or the cable they included with the PVR. Either way, I'm happier now. The ESPNHD and HBOHD pictures are so much better it's unbelievable. All I need now is HD locals and I'll be really happy.

I'm switching back and forth from component and HDMI sometime the sound works with the HDMI and sometimes not, Component always works. Have tried 2 different HDMI cables still get the same results. I am also getting great results from the component cables. I'm using 720p instead of 1080i can't tell the difference. The only problem I have with 1080i is that I can see scan lines in the picture sort of come in and out horizontal lines.Picture with 720p is rock solid. About getting HD locals. I'm using an amplified Radioshack. indoor antenna, I,m 32 miles from the local antennas and get 85% on CBSHD, 100% ABCHD, 80% NBCHD Don't know if
I can do much better with an outside antenna. http://www.radioshack.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)