942 Playback Problems

GabeNet

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 5, 2004
Hi All,

I have a 942 which I have had since early May (I got it after Voom died). I have had zero issues with it until recently. Over the weekend I had several movies recorded off of the HBO and Showtime Free Preview in HD. Two of the movies would not play back due to "Error 07". There is some message that says something to the effect of "There was an error when trying to play back this event."

The movies were not the only events that would not play back, I had Latenight with Conan O'Brien from the HD OTA tuner do the same thing as well as an episode of South Park from Comedy Central. The problem does not seem to be tied to HD or SD content or satellite or OTA tuners.

Software version is L282.

I guess what I am asking is what is this error 07? Bad Hard Drive perhaps?

Thanks

Reboot procedures,

Compress power button on front of receiver for 5 seconds until the screen goes blank, wait until the screen comes back at wich time it will most likely update the EPG.

Open the front panel on the left side of the receiver, take a drivers liscence and insert into card slot until it stops at wich point the receiver will do the above.

Hit menue 6, 1, 3, this will get you to the system info screen, turn off the receiver by the front panel button while in this screen. Wait 5 mins and then unplug the receivers power cord from the wall and wait another 1 min, plug the power cord back in and then turn it on.

If none of the above solve your problem then find a 2 year old, give the 2 year old the remote, now leave the room for 20 mins, return and take the remote and try to figure out how the 2 year old was able to order 397 pay per views, lock you out of the hd channels, and subscribed you to the america's everything pack aswell as schedule you for a superdish upgrade to get the great wall package, this will atleast temporarily solve your issue.

MikeD-C05 said:
Reboot your receiver and the movies will play again. That is the only way to get rid of the 07 message.

If this does not work - leave it off (both tv1 and tv2 must be off) overnight. That cleared it for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)