942 Recording Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SKrueger

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 18, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Not sure if this is a bug or my misunderstanding of the capabilities of a 942.

I'm under the impression that with a 942 I can record up to 3 shows at 1 time.
1 - Satellite tuner 1
2 - Satellite tuner 2
3 - OTA tuner

What's been happening is I'm getting crossed recordings and it always seems to happen when OTA recordings are involved.

For example Tues I had the following set
1 - Sat Tuner 1 My Name is Earl (NBC 1/2 hr)
2 - OTA Tuner Supernatural (WB-HD 1 hr)

All shows showed as succesfully recorded but what I got was:

Supernatural - Program showed as recorded and description was correct, but what I got was My Name is Earl and the show that followed it to make a 1 hr recording.

My Name is Earl - Recorded correctly in its own listing.

Any ideas?

I am new to this but this is my understanding. You can record one show while watching live tv. You only can use 2 tuners at once. Or you can DVR 2 shows at once and watch something on your DVR. Unsure why it didn't tape your shows properly. Sorry.

I have a call into Dish about this issue. They said they haven't heard about it before, but I can verify it does happen. It always has to do with an OTA recording the same time as a SAT channel. You will get one recording stopped at the start of the other, the other recording will get the other programs name and completely will ruin your faith in your DVR. Please call Dish with your exact information will the recordings are still on your DVR. The info for each recordings history should say 'AV Recorded', but you will find that one of the two will not have that down. Dish is aware of the problem, but it's not reported much because most people are not doing OTA recording with the 942.

It is my understanding that you can record 3 channels at once as long as one is OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)