942- Timers don't work on 15 minute shows

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

M Sparks

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
Hey, my 942 is only a few weeks old, so I don't know if this is a new software bug, or if this always happened.

Last week, I tried to set timers for the new Adult Swim shows- one at 9:00 and one at 9:30. Both are only 15 minutes long. The next day, I had two different shows. I figured I had done something wrong, or the schedule had been wrong.

This week, I used the Browse Banner to find them. I clicked the 9:00pm show and chose "record once", but the timer came up for the following show at 9:15. Same thing for the 9:30 show- came up 9:45. Choosing any of the shows either before or after (8:45, 9:15, 9:45) works fine.

The 942 is odd anyway, because it actually shows the X:15 and X:45 programs in the guide, and not the ones on the hour. The only way to see them listed is to use the Browse Banner or do a search. My 508 was the other way around- it showed the programs at X:00 and X:30. However, on the 508, it would record any 15 minute slot you like.

This is the first true software bug I've run into on the 942, other than the problems with the HDMI and Optical outputs. I'm sure a manual timer would work fine, but it shouldn't be necessary. As long as I can select a program- whether through the guide, search, or browse banner- I should be able to set a timer for it.

I've had the same problem since getting my 942 back in April, I just gave up and use manual timers, even then they don't always record correctly. It has something to do with the 942 cause my 311 runs the timers correctly. Hopefully we will get a software update to fix it, along with some of the other probs its having.

Weird. This is a definate bug. I don't care how the guide displays, just fix the timers. It shouldn't be an issue with Name Based Recording.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts