942 Upgrade Question

tawhite

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 24, 2005
The Sunshine State
Next week I am going to swap out my 811 for a 942. I currently have DP LNBs and A DPP44 switch with all ports full. I will also be getting a DP seperator to split one feed from the switch into two for the 942. Dish tech says I have to put this seperator on port one for it to work. Is this true??? I currently have the 811 on port three. The reason I ask is that I currrently have the power inserter in another room which runs on port one to a 510 so if I switch ports to put the 942/seperator on port one I will have to move the power inserter and if I do that does the inserter go before or after the seperator?

Thanks for your help!

The 942 comes with the separator and, if you're lucky, the short jumpers to connect it to the receiver. A separator can be used on any or all outputs of the DPP44.

Thanks for the reply! Just goes to show how much E* knows about their own equipment. The guy said the seperator was not included with the 942. He was nice enough however to send me one free of charge.

He may have been thinking of the power inserter, then again call centers have a turn over rate of %125 so that will explain alot.

Ok, Rec'd 942 yesterday and this is going to sound like a Dish commercial but here goes. I used the ceo@dishnetwork.com email address to request a 942 lease. Mark D called me within two hours to offer me the $250 lease deal which I said I would think it over and call him back. So, I call him Thursday 9/8 and say let's go ahead and do the deal. He sets me up and also gives me $25 credit for an old receiver that I was supposed to turn in but never rec'd the box and pre paid shipping label. He just says I'll give you the credit and you can pitch the old box! He stated I would receive the 942 Mon or Tues of next week. So, yesterday the 942 arrives after having been shipped next day air!!! DAMN, now thats what I call service! I set the 942 up last night and am quite impressed! Better overall PQ, DVR and stronger local tuner have been discovered so far, and yes as those above stated it runs fine off port 3 with the supplied splitter which mark was going to send free if it didn't come.

I know Dish does alot wrong and the customer service leaves alot to be desired on many occasions but this is an example of great service which I thought should be relayed here. I will be calling Mark Monday to tell him so as well.

They must have scrapped that promotion. I just tried it yesterday and this was the repsonse I got.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent inquiry online. I’m sorry that the 942 is not yet available to lease for our existing customers. I have not been informed of when it will be an option. Even for the new customers that it is available for, they are being charged a $250 non-refundable upgrade fee simply to lease that receiver. The information you were provided by the CSR was the promotion that we currently offer. Our promotions change from season to season, so something different could be offered in the winter or spring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts