97 w problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jessesam

Original poster
Apr 13, 2006
i have a direct tv world direct dish and it has 2 lnb one is circular and the other one is liner . I am planning to aim at 97 w the dish is 36' which i think is really good but still i cannot aim at 97 w. I have been trying this for the past 3 days . i managed to hit 82 w but still no success with 97w can some body help me.

If you are going through any switches on the dish, you might disconnect them.
Go directly from your receiver to the linear (central) LNB.

Since you didn't give your location, I'd suggest you use this web site, put in your ZIP code, and get the aiming info for the satellite.

Setting the proper LO (local oscillator) frequency will depend on the LNB.
If it's this dish (which is pretty similar to the Globecast), I assume the LO is standard, or 10750.
Don't forget to adjust skew, as applicable .

Can anyone think of anything else I've overlooked?

I assume you are using the Linear LNB (the one that faces the dish directly) and not the DBS one that is offset. Reason I ask is you said you got 82 with no issues :)

LNB LO is 10750 on those dishes as long as the LNB wasn't changed. As Anole noted, make sure the dish is skewed and that you are using a strong transponder
(there is a thread on the main FTA page that says "I need a strong transponder to aim my dish") ;)

so what type of lnb should i select in my coolsat 7000 for 97 w (single , universal, ocs-dp, legacy twin 1 or legacy quad ). This is my lnb specs (P170 INPUT FREQ :11.7 12.2 GHZ).

i used the sat calculator from the website and i am getting a level of 88 % . I am using the strongest tp 12177. There is no switches on the line but still the quality is 0 % tried skewing the dish, now wt could be the reason

Last edited:
Please tell us what receiver that you are using and your zip code or city. The skew is very critical unless you are in the Central US where the skew for that satellite is minimal.

sorry about that, i live in fords NJ(08863) my location is (North Latitude: 40.5353 West Longitude: 74.311)

For Sat 97 w

1) True Azimuth: 212.75
Magn. Azimuth: 225.67

2) LNB Angle: 24.3

3) Dish Elevation: 37.65

tried these settings

Do not know what brand and model of receiver, but here we go anyway....

Select Galaxy25 ( IA5) KU from your satellite list

LNB Type: Standard
LNB LO Freq: 10750
TP Frequency: 12177
LNB Power: ON
DiSEqC: OFF
22KHz: Auto (or OFF)
Positioner: None

Set the Dish approximately:

Compass Reading: 224.7 deg.
Left / Right
Example_Azimuth.jpg

Dish Elevation: 37.6 deg.
Up / Down
Example_Elevation.jpg

LNBF Rotation (standing in front of the dish): +24.3 deg.
Clockwise / Counter-clockwise
Example_Skew_1LNBF.jpg

Connect the LNBF to the SAT INPUT on the receiver.

Connect the Receiver to a small TV next to the dish.

Watch the Signal Quality Reading on the TV screen and make small dish movements to peak the quality reading.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts