Status
Please reply by conversation.

wvman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 19, 2014
N. Central WV
Brian, any idea why the HDVR1200 will not recognize Brit, Justice and other channels on that transponder? Tried it several times and it will not recognize these channels on a scan. I have manually added three of the channels that were stuttering and they work fine on the 1200, but not on the V7. I've entered the Justice channel several times using the PID information on the website you said was better than Lyngsat, can't remember the name off the top of my head, and all I get is audio. Can you give me a list of the PCR-PID's for those 5 or 6 channels?

On the channels I entered manually, they will not switch from one to the other without first going to another channel on the satellite, and switching back to the one you want to watch. Can't go from Grit to Laff without doing this. It displays the channel info for the channel you wanted to go to, but it's still on the previous channel. Any ideas what's up with that? Once you get to the channel you want, it works fine.

What do you think of the Cisco commercial receiver listed on Rainer Satellite's website. It does conditional access PowerVU and FTA. It's supposed to be free of the quirks these less expensive receivers have, like the stuttering or the tuning issue with the 1200. It's like $700+bucks for the receiver. Do you by any chance have any of the HDVR3500's for sale? I think you said it was not stuttering on the Galaxy 19 and would tune H&I, Decades and the others? Am I correct?

Reactions: hank123
Moved this to a thread of its own, as it is a different topic altogether. :)

These channels on 3940 H 30000 log fine with an HDVR1200 STB. See the attached video. No need to manually input the PIDs. Notice that the channels are false flagged as being encrypted, so you must scan for "All Channels" and not FTA; otherwise, the channels will not be logged.

The jacked up price of $700+ aside, the Cisco D9865H is a solid IRD for receiving subscription channels, but it is not a very good choice for a satellite hobbyist receiver. If you want to buy a new D9865H and not subscribe to channels, the D9865H can be purchased new for about $450 or used for $150. Beware, D9856H purchased elsewhere will not be authorized by Rainier.

As I have mentioned on other forums when discussing this IRD, it is well built and has a quality tuner, but it doesn't have the basic functions required by satellite hobbyists, which are included in even the cheapest FTA receivers. If there were some subscription channels available that were mainstream and of interest to me, I would buy a D9865H IRD so I could subscribe to a package. Unfortunately the 7 channels that are available for subscription are not neither mainstream or of interest to me. I would not consider buying the D9865H receiver for FTA viewing and here is a sampling of what is missing in my opinion:

Blind Scan - No
DVR - No
16APSK - No
USALS Motor Control - No
DiSEqC 1.2 Motor Control - Partial Implementation (only calls out the satellite list position number as a motor assignment number)
ACM - No
4K - No (In all fairness, 4K is not yet common on STBs, but expect it to be standard on $150 STBs within the next 4-6 months)

Hope that this information is helpful as you sift through the marketing hype, sales pitches and general BS... :D

Last edited:
Now I am being accused of misinformation, truth twisting and trying to make a sale by a member on another forum for sharing my opinion with you on the Rainier Cisco IRD.

Sad... :facepalm

Hahaaha what misinformation?
700+ dollars for 7 odd channels. Ill keep my Directv and have a HD-DVR in every room with whole home.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)