97w Galaxy 25

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zdavid

Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
Hi guys, i have been reading posts after posts but nothing seems to help me. I have a Viewsat Ultra and i have a Ku band 36in Dish and i have been trying to hit sat 97w but with no luck. I even have the little sat finder that beeps every time you hit a satellite. I hit a few but there not because when i would channel scan it would give me channels that wouldn't match on lyngsat. Am i doing something wrong? Please help me. I would love the FTA channels on that satellite.

I know this doesn't sound helpful, but keep at it. The Ku birds are very hard to find at first, you need to use VERY small movements of the dish, one bit at a time.

It is worth noting that many dishes (especially the Fortecs, it seems) have an inaccurate elevation scale stamped on them. The correct elevation might differ from the elevation scale on the dish by as much as 10 degrees. So in addition to hunting for proper azimuth, you might want to try adjusting the elevation as well.

I know this doesn't sound helpful, but keep at it. The Ku birds are very hard to find at first, you need to use VERY small movements of the dish, one bit at a time.

It is worth noting that many dishes (especially the Fortecs, it seems) have an inaccurate elevation scale stamped on them. The correct elevation might differ from the elevation scale on the dish by as much as 10 degrees. So in addition to hunting for proper azimuth, you might want to try adjusting the elevation as well.

Yea man i been doing that for a while and have been losing my patience, i think it might be my receiver or i dont have it set correctly.

What kind of LNBF are you using, DBS or Ku? Your L.O. setting should be 10750 for a standard Ku LNBF and 9750/10600 for a universal Ku LNBF. Remove any switches from your setup and make sure DiSEqC and 22k are off on your receiver (unless you have a universal, in which case 22k should default to 'on')...

Zdavid, as Tron has mentioned you will need a Linear LNB to capture 97.0W. Which LNB are you using? What city are you near? Are you using a Motor with the Dish? You will need to go into Antenna Setup with the ViewSat to Calibrate for 97.0W. I use a small TV near the Dish with the Sat Receiver instead of a Sat Meter, and adjust Elevation in small increments to try and bring in 97.0W. This way you can tell what Satellite you are actually seeing. Good luck.

Zdavid, as Tron has mentioned you will need a Linear LNB to capture 97.0W. Which LNB are you using? What city are you near? Are you using a Motor with the Dish? You will need to go into Antenna Setup with the ViewSat to Calibrate for 97.0W. I use a small TV near the Dish with the Sat Receiver instead of a Sat Meter, and adjust Elevation in small increments to try and bring in 97.0W. This way you can tell what Satellite you are actually seeing. Good luck.

Yea i got those settings right and and i even have the right LNB. But i thinks it might be my receiver, do i have to to blind scan?

it doesnt hurt to try a blind scan. Maybe you're on a different satellite. Scan "ALL" so it shows any channel it picks up

Sometimes if you have hit some satellite, it makes sense to do a blind scan, then match with lyngsat, just to find out where are you pointing at :)
I.e. you may see "Macys" and then you will realize that you are pointing at 93W instead of 95W.

Hi guys, i have been reading posts after posts but nothing seems to help me. I have a Viewsat Ultra and i have a Ku band 36in Dish and i have been trying to hit sat 97w but with no luck. I even have the little sat finder that beeps every time you hit a satellite. I hit a few but there not because when i would channel scan it would give me channels that wouldn't match on lyngsat. Am i doing something wrong? Please help me. I would love the FTA channels on that satellite.

VS Ultra blind scan does not work it will not find anything
You have to plug in Known transponder info
The Xstreme blind scan is hardware based and works well
I learned the hard way.

I learned the hard way.

The Ultra and Extreme both have hardware blindscan according to the
Viewsat site's technical info. The Platinum model is the one with the firmware
driven blindscan. I haven't had a problem blind-scanning a satellite with
my Ultra.
ZDavid , enter a "user channel" in your ultra with a known transponder
on IA5, then use your Ultra's signal-beep to help you hit the satellite. The pid info is avail on lyngsat.

If you have a dbs LNB laying around you can find 91w very easy. That would put you in the ballbark. Then just adjust your elevation, and slowly swing the dish west.

I learned the hard way.

The Ultra and Extreme both have hardware blindscan according to the
Viewsat site's technical info. The Platinum model is the one with the firmware
driven blindscan. I haven't had a problem blind-scanning a satellite with
my Ultra.
ZDavid , enter a "user channel" in your ultra with a known transponder
on IA5, then use your Ultra's signal-beep to help you hit the satellite. The pid info is avail on lyngsat.

Yes You are correct I confused Ultra with Platinum sorry about that

Hey guys thanks a lot. I finally got it to work. All i need it was just some more time and your information, lygnsat did help a lot. I would get closer and closer until i hit it and blind scanned it and BOOOOMM!. Thanks you all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)