99 103 101 DIRECTV SATELLITE COMBINER

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

joab7

Original poster
Jul 31, 2010
san diego
Hi guy's my name is Joel and this is my first post
How can i combine 99,103,101 have 3 satellite dishes aimed at each satellite

Don't encourage him. Even if he had the correct LNBs for the Ka satellites, he'd need a way to stack/combine the signal and then combine into the 101 for the receiver. Not sure if this equipment is readily available to the general public.

So I guess my statement of "no way to combine the signals" isn't quite right. :)

i'm using 2 standard ka lnbs from eagle aspen for 99 and 103 and for a 101 regular ku for DTV no SWM lnb's

WHY are you trying to do it this way? You may come out cheaper just getting the actually dish / LNB setup online.

The biggest obstacle to making such a do-it-yourself antenna combiner set-up is that DirecTV splits the Ka band, frequency-shifting half of it to frequencies 700 MHz below the L-band, and the other half to 700 MHz above the L-band section most commonly used by DBS satellite.

You could probably combine the signals from three conventional SL3 LNBs by covering over the two undesired feedhorn openings in each. The only way I see that running into a problem is if there is AGC circuitry in the SLM3 LNBs, but I don't think there is.

The benefit of doing that is that he could then use larger, higher gain dishes, but unless he is planning on using really big dishes, he should just buy the Alaska/Hawaii, 1.2 meter dish. It isn't that expensive.

Last edited:
pmks
The dish you refferrenced in the previous post, do you know if a SWiM lnb placed in the right place in front of that dish, would it work for HD programming? Of course it would need the switch and power inserter.
Larry

Unless you are setting up community dishes for a large multiple dwelling apartment/condo,it would be a waste of time and money to do anything other can get a Slimline 3 dish.
If you are setting up a common community dish(es),there is(or at least was)equipment available that would combine multiple signals and let you have almost unlimited outputs.
Look up a company called Spaun.
Before I make an a** of myself,I must repeat that I know this WAS possible with older equipment(Ive done it on large mdu projects,high rise buildings...etc),I'm not completley sure it is with new equipment,and if it is possible,it most likely is not worth the time or expense.

The dish you referrenced in the previous post, do you know if a SWiM lnb placed in the right place in front of that dish, would it work for HD programming? Of course it would need the switch and power inserter.

It would theoretically work, but looking at the picture of the LNB that is made for that dish, its escutchionor flange that fits into the feedhorn support arm looks to be shaped differently, so you'd have to jury rig its installation. You would be much better off using the LNB designed for that oversized dish and then running four leads to an SWM8 module.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)