99/103 Dish???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GhostDog69

Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
Any word on a 99/103 dish being made available to supplement an existing Phase 3 dish? This seems like it would be way easier for those of us who are intimidated by the AT9. Simply set elevation and tilt, then use some custom switch to link the 2.

Welcome to the forums, GhostDog69! :welcome
While it would be technically possible, there is very little to be gained by making a supplemental dish with advanced switch. The larger size and the very precise alignment is because of the characteristics of the new Ka frequencies of sats. 99/103. The higher frequencies are much more susceptible to rain interference and the alignment necessary to get the signal peak is more strict than the older Ku frequency sats.
So you'd end up with a dish that is almost as large and definitely going to need similar adjustment settings and procedures. (And, most sat. signal meters couldn't receive the Ka band signals for alignment, making it even harder to setup the supplemental dish!)

Merry Christmas!
Tom

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll be buying, and then selling one of those fancy signal meters on ebay when they offer a mpeg4 dvr and start adding nationals in mpeg4 only.

I wouldn't be too intimidated by the AT9. I installed one using a cheapie inline
meter. Aiming it took about 5 minutes and I have good signals on all satellites including the Ka.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts