99/103

Status
Please reply by conversation.

usrauk

Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
I just replaced my 2 LNB 18 inch dish with a slimline and I get 101/110/119 fine but nothing on 99/103, According to directv I can get HD on at least a couple of locals so I should be seeing a signal, Right?. I am also replacing 2 receivers that are about 10 years old with an hr20 and a hr20-700 dvr so should that improve my SD picture too? and I am thinking of using my old 18 inch dish for FTA, any suggestions for what type of fta receiver or if I need a rotor?

Thanks

I just replaced my 2 LNB 18 inch dish with a slimline and I get 101/110/119 fine but nothing on 99/103, According to directv I can get HD on at least a couple of locals so I should be seeing a signal, Right?. I am also replacing 2 receivers that are about 10 years old with an hr20 and a hr20-700 dvr so should that improve my SD picture too? and I am thinking of using my old 18 inch dish for FTA, any suggestions for what type of fta receiver or if I need a rotor?

Thanks

I'm not sure about using the old dish for fta. I think the polorization is wrong. As far as the slimline, did you install it yourself? It is not that easy to dial in compared to the older dishes. If you are checking on the H20 for signal on 99, you won't see any signal strength even if there is a signal there. The HR20 should show it if it is there.

I installed the slimline myself and tried to line it up with a cheap signal meter but I think I got better results when I took an old hughes receiver and a small TV and adjusted using the signal meter on 101 and 119 and cranked it in using the directions that came with the slimline dish, I started with the azimuth, tilt and elevation settings for my ZIP which got me into the ballpark and adjusted according to the directions which gave me readings in to the 90's from the hughes receiver so I assume I'm lined up right with 101, 110 and 119.

I installed the slimline myself and tried to line it up with a cheap signal meter but I think I got better results when I took an old hughes receiver and a small TV and adjusted using the signal meter on 101 and 119 and cranked it in using the directions that came with the slimline dish, I started with the azimuth, tilt and elevation settings for my ZIP which got me into the ballpark and adjusted according to the directions which gave me readings in to the 90's from the hughes receiver so I assume I'm lined up right with 101, 110 and 119.

It's my understanding that you can have 101, 110, and 119 plenty close enough for solid reception and not get 99 and 103. They have much finer tolerances.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts