a big dilema, please help, multi receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

amrezzat

Original poster
May 28, 2010
egypt
Hello guys

i am so confused , i need detailed guiding on how to operate two difference satellite receivers to watch to different channels on the same satellite using only one-outlet LNB

some guys said i should use switch and some said no i have to use powe pass ones and some suggested splitters

iam so confused, could you tell me what is the best to use and how exactly to connect (products sirte links will be much appreciated)

Thanks

If one receiver has "Loop Out" on back, perhaps you can run the other receiver from it. Not sure how that works as I've never tried it, but seems like you should be able to watch a different channel that way. Someone else may come along with a better answer for you, but the easiest way, as posted, is the 2-output lnbf for your dish.

Any sort of splitter would not work unless you happened to be using a bandstacked LNB (see below).
And I"m betting that you are not.

A multiswitch would require a dual output LNBf (see below).

Using the loop out of a receiver, would lock the 2nd receiver to the same polarity (vertical or horizontal) as the primary receiver.
If that's okay, you might start there.

In Egypt, aren't your satellites split into two bands, high with the 22khz on, and low with the 22khz off?
If so, then the 2nd receiver would also be restricted to the same portion of the band.

You might tell us more about your LNBF: brand, model, specs, perhaps a link to a web site selling it...
Best solution, would be a two-output LNBF, I think.

Thanks for every one who give me his opininon

first of all the LNB i used is the Funj universal type you can google it on net or see it on that link
FUJI LNB SSI-T20 RM180 FREE POSLAJU - PLAMSAT STORE - Fotopages.com

i do not know about the 22khz thing, all i know that i can receive any satellite lke "Nilesat, Astra, Turksat, Telstar, Hotbird,....."

the thing about that second cable and dual-output LNB, i though about it but there is no otherway ,like switches or signal splitters provided that the signal quality would be the same?

my main receiver is Qmax Senator, and the other one is Qmax MST 999

can you give em more information about that " bandstacked LNB " , abd give me your opinion after my clarifications...

Thanks

Your prime focus dish is specially made for the Fuji LNB. If Fuji don't have a dual output Lnb ask your supplier if the Invacom QDF-031 with C120 feed horn will fit. If so you will have 4 outputs and perhaps can share the 2 spare.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts