A big thank you to this forum

apocrapha

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2004
Just wanted to give the satelliteguys (scott and whomever else runs this site) and the ever helpful ( and sometimes pretty witty) gurus a thanks..you all have helped me out big time in getting my new dish network installation setup like I wanted-mainly just from reading other threads so I could learn what the 522 could and could not do. If you want to know the details keep readin.. :D

Had the dish install dude out this morning to install a 522 and 322-The only thing that was going to be a little out of the ordinary was instead of hooking up to 4 tv's was gonna go to only 3. I wanted the master bedroom to have the 522 receiver and TV2 out to the den tv. The 322 was to be installed in son's bedroom and the TV2 out from it also to the same TV in the den. Was going to run it directly into the dvd/vcr player and out to the den tv's secondary video inputs.Basically this would work best for our household..

when I explained this to the install dude he really didn't like that idea at all..said it wouldn't work-that I wouldn't be able to hook it directly to the dvd/vcr..that the two TV2 remotes would interfere with each other :( But I was armed with the knowledge that a few days of prowling this forum had given me :D I knew it would work-that the remote problem could be resolved -and dagnabit this was how I wanted it hooked up. Well he started the install the way I wanted instead of the way he wanted to do it..he also told me the 522 couldn't record two programs at the same time. (sigh)

Well he got everything hooked up and at first he was right-the connection to the dvd/vcr didn't work and the 2 TV2 remotes were conflicting with each other. But I tested that there was a good signal by connecting straight into the coax and since it was good sent him on his merry way- within ten minutes after he was gone i was able to find the settings to send the 522 TV2 out to cable 73 instead of air 60 and lo and behold both signals were working on the den tv-just used the tv's orig remote to toggle between the 2 inputs- now for those pesky tv2 remotes-how do u fix them ?? I couldn't 'member exactly how so i logged on here and within seconds found a thread that explained how to set the remotes to different addresses so they wouldn't conflict with each other .voila ! everything works like I wanted.

I also gotta say i know it's only been a half a day but i really like the 522 so far. I'm sure i'll soon see some of the " features " i've read about here but with it,more channels, more tv's hooked up, much much better picture quality, and about six bucks cheaper than comcast cable i'm really happy-hey six bucks is six bucks. So thanks again to those running this site and the guys that help out with information. I'll keep lurking and if i'm ever able to add my 2 cents to help someone out i will

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts