A blessing in disguise?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If there is no visible damage to the roof from the out side or on the inside structure, I would very carefully check over the roofing and caulk with a self-leveling sealer CAULK, (Not the liquid). It will seap into the cracks before it sets, and will seal if you caulk it before the weather widens it. With our winds, you might only have 3 or 4 days before it will take more major repairs.

Here's the deal, one reason why I don't want to start anything with my neighbors. About a year or so ago the former owners of the home where the tree sits, they sold the home. So the new owner is over there painting it to his likings, etc. He didn't buy this home for himself, but bought it to rent out to his brother and family who couldn't afford to buy a home themselves. We noticed that he was going across the street a lot and borrowing buckets of water from one of the neighbors. I told my wife, tell him we have a spicket outside and he's welcome to use whatever water he needed. He must have been grateful, because I started talking to him a week or so after that, and mentioned my BUD and how his tree was blocking a lot of my signals. He told me had a chainsaw with an extension and he would bring it the next day if I could help by showing which branches, and help guide a rope he would lasso around the limbs first, to avoid hitting either of our houses. I said I would.

So the next day he comes over. All of the offending branches were mainly on the west side of the tree, which were blocking my signals beginning around 105W. So we got a bunch of them down without any issues. I told him I wanted to go over and check my signals, since I was parked @ 101W at the time. It helped. Some of the feeds were coming in, but not all of them. So now we're looking at this next branch. He started shaking his head. He asked me if I really wanted to continue, since he felt it would be unsafe and may hit our home. So I decided to take his advice and call it quits while we were ahead. Ironically this is one of the very limbs the lightning hit the other night, the limb that was about 20 foot long or longer. Yep, he was right, it would have hit our home had we tried to cut it down that time.

So my point is, this new owner was willing to go the extra mile with me. And since nothing seems damaged on our roof or in the attic, then I see no reason to cause hard feelings between this new owner and I. Even tho this scared the hell out of me at the time, I'm happy as hell, and couldn't be happier, the fact I can now see from AMC 7 to at least 87W. Still haven't tried east of that yet. I would celebrate and get drunk if I were a drinker. But like I said in the beginning, it's only because I'm a BUD owner that something good has come out of this. Of course it hasn't started raining since those limbs were removed. If things start leaking I might I not feel as happy about things. But I don't expect any leaks. But you never know I guess, until it starts to rain again, in which, rain is in the forecast for the next several days. So I guess I'm going to find out soon enough.

That's a great reason, because having good neighbors is not always guaranteed!

well the main thing is " as long as you are happy " . glad everything worked out for you :) and i agree with previous poster good neighbors are like gold :) hang onto them :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)