A C-Band Dish on the the ground

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ParaclipseCKu

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 8, 2008
Florida Space Coast
I now have an honest to goodness C-band dish on the ground!:)

SatelliteGuys Photo Gallery - Sami Front View - Powered by PhotoPost

After struggling for the last 20+ years with dishes on the roof (because of LOS issues or so I thought). My Paraclipse took a bad hit this past March and is now retired from service (though still on the roof). Now that I don't have as many trees on my property and having used my Ku antennas for the last 2 years I was feeling fairly confident that I could put a C-Band dish out back and see a good portion of the viewable Clarke Belt from my location. This dish would be wired directly to my FTA receivers and used for feed hunting.

Slight change in plans with the Paraclipse being retired. I finally got the 10ft Sami moved into the rear yard and wired up. The dish is tracking very well (what a pleasure not to be doing this on the peak of my roof!). My LOS is from at least 72W to 135W. Everything is coming in terrific except for AMC-1 and AMC-18. I looked at the Ku side of things with another dish and the trees aren't in the way so hopefully just some fine tweaking.

I feel like a kid opening a birthday present...no more roof climbing for me!:D

Looks good! My climbing the roof days for dishes/antennas are over I hope. I'll climb up there to clean out the gutters but I'm getting lazy and hate doing that lol...Looks like you have bunches of trees just like I do. I track pretty much the same 72W to 139W here. I can pretty much forget anything below 72W.
Blind

I am looking forward to trying to see what I may find east of 72W. I may have to wait for the leaves to drop for that experiment. Always something interesting in this hobby:)

yup. . .always interestin for sure. . .even if you (me) cant understand what they are sayin lol lol

my arc is currently 1w - 135w which is sweet. . .but i know i can get can get 10e and 17e but will need some trees to be cut down.

10 foot Channel Master on the ground in Burbank with Ku accurate tracking from 55W to 139W. I've always felt damn lucky to not have to climb a roof to deal with it. When it's looking as 55W it just peers between my garage and the house next door.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts