A Coke v. Pepsi challenge of sorts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
The companies or the specific drink?

For companies I like pepsi.

Mountain Dew is Awesome, and it seems to have a more bubbly taste to the drink.

Coke is good with certain foods, fountain machines only and nice and cold so you get that refreshing ahh when you drink it

Which one treats a hangover better? Actually according to history Coke was a hangover helper in syrup form and one day the drug store guy accidentally added carbonated water instead of regular water and it tasted pretty good so the rest is history. I drink them both.

I like only Diet Coke from Fountain outlets.

I like only Diet Pepsi from cans.

In both cases I do not care for the other brand. Both companies use different formulations in the fountain outlets than they do in their canned/bottled product.
I drink a lot of each...I can taste the difference.

tbenning said:
I like only Diet Coke from Fountain outlets.

I like only Diet Pepsi from cans.

In both cases I do not care for the other brand. Both companies use different formulations in the fountain outlets than they do in their canned/bottled product.
I drink a lot of each...I can taste the difference.

so, you like Diet Coke w/ Sacharin and Diet Pepsi w/asparatame. I'll agree with you there. the fountain version of Diet Pepsi (which contains sacharin) is very flawed and REALLY needs to be worked on.

"Sacharin and Diet Pepsi w/asparatame."

Don't bring this up so soon. :D

thebigjp said:
so, you like Diet Coke w/ Sacharin and Diet Pepsi w/asparatame. I'll agree with you there. the fountain version of Diet Pepsi (which contains sacharin) is very flawed and REALLY needs to be worked on.

No they both use the poison Aspartame:

Diet Coke™ - Ingredients
Carbonated Water
High Fructose Corn Syrup
Caramel Color
Phosphoric Acid
Natural Flavors
Caffeine
Aspartame (NutraSweet)
Potassium Benzoate
Citric acid

Diet Pepsi™ - Ingredients
Carbonated Water
Caramel Color
Aspartame
Phosphoric Acid
Potassium Benzoate
Caffeine
Citric Acid
Natural flavors

Roger said:
No they both use the poison Aspartame:

Diet Coke™ - Ingredients
Carbonated Water
High Fructose Corn Syrup
Caramel Color
Phosphoric Acid
Natural Flavors
Caffeine
Aspartame (NutraSweet)
Potassium Benzoate
Citric acid

Diet Pepsi™ - Ingredients
Carbonated Water
Caramel Color
Aspartame
Phosphoric Acid
Potassium Benzoate
Caffeine
Citric Acid
Natural flavors

the fountain versions use sacharin.

come on please roger.. :) I'd like to know more about this poison, If it's a concern you should educate us :)

I'd use Saccharin before Aspartame and I don't trust the government and especially the FDA because they're controlled by big money like Monsanto which created Aspartame which is worth billions and it got push through the Reagan Admin while Donald Rumsfeld was on board.

http://www.freezerbox.com/archive/article.asp?id=234
“In 1985 Monsanto purchased G.D. Searle, the chemical company that held the patent to aspartame, the active ingredient in NutraSweet. Monsanto was apparently untroubled by aspartame's clouded past, including a 1980 FDA Board of Inquiry, comprised of three independent scientists, which confirmed that it "might induce brain tumors."

The FDA had actually banned aspartame based on this finding, only to have Searle Chairman Donald Rumsfeld (currently the Secretary of Defense) vow to "call in his markers," to get it approved.

On January 21, 1981, the day after Ronald Reagan's inauguration, Searle re-applied to the FDA for approval to use aspartame in food sweetener, and Reagan's new FDA commissioner, Arthur Hayes Hull, Jr., appointed a 5-person Scientific Commission to review the board of inquiry's decision.

It soon became clear that the panel would uphold the ban by a 3-2 decision, but Hull then installed a sixth member on the commission, and the vote became deadlocked. He then personally broke the tie in aspartame's favor. Hull later left the FDA under allegations of impropriety, served briefly as Provost at New York Medical College, and then took a position with Burston-Marsteller, the chief public relations firm for both Monsanto and GD Searle. Since that time he has never spoken publicly about aspartame.”

The Aspartame/NutraSweet Timeline
http://www.swankin-turner.com/hist.html

Here is a site with all kinds of links about Aspartame. I urge you to do the research yourself and decide on your own whether you want to drink this stuff.
http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/

How Safe is Aspartame?
© Michael Schachter M.D., F.A.C.A.M.
http://www.healthy.net/asp/templates/Article.asp?id=530&HeaderTitle=Integrative+Medicine

In part because of copyright:

“Aspartame is known commercially as "Nutrasweet" when added to products or "Equal" when it is in the form of a sugar substitute in a packet. It should not be confused with Sweet-n-Low, which is saccharine.”

“If you are one of the millions of Americans who is concerned about being overweight or about eating too much sugar, chances are you have eaten or drank products containing aspartame. You have been told by the FDA and the manufacturers of these products that they are perfectly safe. But, just how safe are they?”

“Do you have any idea what percentage of all complaints received by the FDA are about aspartame? You probably will be as shocked as I was to learn that between 80 to 85% of all complaints received by the FDA are due to aspartame. By 1987, the FDA had received more than 6,000 complaints, including 250 involving epileptic seizures.

How much aspartame do Americans eat? The average American consumes over 14 pounds of aspartame each year and this amount has been rising daily. Since many of you out there and I avoid it completely, some of you are ingesting a lot more than 14 pounds per year. In April, 1993, aspartame was approved for use in baked goods and mixes which greatly added to the 4,200 products already containing the synthetic sweetener.”

Visit the link for the entire article. Also you can do a net search and find stuff out. I use to drink diet soda at one time but quit after I learned the truth.

“A survey of aspartame studies by Ralph Walton MD of Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine found: "Of the 166 studies felt to have relevance for questions of human safety, 74 had NutraSweet industry related funding and 92 were independently funded. One hundred percent of the industry funded research attested to aspartame's safety, whereas 92 percent of the independently funded research identified a problem."

Don't Drink the Diet Coke
http://www.mcmanweb.com/article-110.htm

pepsi as a stand-alone soda from a can or bottle

coke when being used as a mixer for my jim beam'

dr pepper when its on the fountain with a burger

thebigjp said:
mello yello is a good product.
is mr. pibb still called "mr. pibb" in your area? or is it now "pibb XTRA"?

it is called pibb xtra, i am just old school, i still call the wwe the wwf, i don't like change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)