A couple of questions from a newbie.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

navagator

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
I just received my first FTA receiver (Visionsat) and I have a few questions.

My first question is in regards to C Band lnb L.O. frequency. In order to get a signal/picture with the Visionsat I have to set the lnb L.O. frequency to 11250. Shouldn’t this be set to 5150?

I’m also having a problem with the video on the G3 RTN networks, for some reason the picture is intermittently freezing. It seems as though it is missing a few frames every few seconds, making the picture jerk and seem choppy. What could be the cause of this?

I have the Visionsat slaved to my 4DTV C Band satellite system, 12 foot mesh dish with Chaparral Sidekick II lnb.

I also purchased a Cyberhome CH-SRD 600R surround sound headphone system off of Ebay to decode AC3 audio channels, when I recieved it it was missing the AC adapter and the seller hasn't responded to any of my emails yet. I may have to buy an adapter and I was wondering if anyone could tell me the voltage, amperage, polarity, ect. that I would need to get.

Please let me thank you for your responses in advance.

Doug

I just received my first FTA receiver (Visionsat) and I have a few questions.

My first question is in regards to C Band lnb L.O. frequency. In order to get a signal/picture with the Visionsat I have to set the lnb L.O. frequency to 11250. Shouldn’t this be set to 5150?
correct. LNB LO needs to be 5150 for C_Band. I have the Visionsat set on G4/G16 for 5150 and it works fine

I’m also having a problem with the video on the G3 RTN networks, for some reason the picture is intermittently freezing. It seems as though it is missing a few frames every few seconds, making the picture jerk and seem choppy. What could be the cause of this?
ah yes the infamous 7/8 FEC...In Lehmans terms you need to have your dish balls on to pick this up stable. If it is off by a smidge, the picture will be choppy.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I'll delete out everything and start over with the L.O. frequency at 5150 and see what happens.

As far as dish alignment is concerned I'm sure the old dish needs an realignment. We've never had to do anything to it since we installed it, probably 7 or 8 years ago. It was a used mesh dish that we replaced our 8 foot fiberglass dish with. I'll have to give my satellite installer a ring and see if I can get him to take a look at it. As I remember he had a hard time getting it alligning properly when he installed it, I hope he can get it aligned well enough to smooth out the picture on the RTN networks.

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I'll delete out everything and start over with the L.O. frequency at 5150 and see what happens.

As far as dish alignment is concerned I'm sure the old dish needs an realignment. We've never had to do anything to it since we installed it, probably 7 or 8 years ago. It was a used mesh dish that we replaced our 8 foot fiberglass dish with. I'll have to give my satellite installer a ring and see if I can get him to take a look at it. As I remember he had a hard time getting it alligning properly when he installed it, I hope he can get it aligned well enough to smooth out the picture on the RTN networks.

Thanks

I think all you need to do is move the feed in or out by one degree or rotate the feed to more east side or west side.

Status
Please reply by conversation.