A couple qestions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ubolt a directv J-mount to the pole??
eek.gif

You could do that too, The dish might come with a J-Mount.

I looked online for a pipe adpater... 20 DOLLARS!! Does lowes or ace or tractor supply sell these?

Purchase 1 short piece of 1 5/8" pipe and insert into the 2" pipe. Drill three holes 120 degrees offset through both posts and bolt into place. The three offset holes will keep the post from rocking.

Tim might suggest you try what's called anchoring cement. Usually available at hardware stores or Home Depot in 5 or 6 lb container. The product is made to anchor bolts into an existing concrete slab and actually expands when it hardens. If you work it into the gap it will do a better job by expanding and making a tighter fit.
I'd suggest you try your setup before filling the pole w/cement. Whether filling helps or not would depend on the source of the movement. Is it pole flex or the gap at the bottom? If it's pole flex you might also include a piece of rebar along with the concrete fill.

Creepy!

Before Installed my dish 500 I read the manual (rarely do) and it said for the mast to be level. Yet When I was pointing it I left the last bolt out and the J-mount foot. Well, come to find out, When I titled the dish it made the signal increase alot:eek: The porch beam is level. So I get about a 116 on 110 and about 115 on 119. I dont get it?

Depends which way you tilted it to answer your question. if it was better reception with a side to side tilt then you could do the same thing with skew adjustment. If front to back tilt made it better then elevation should do the same thing. The other thing that it could be, is that you had a better Line Of Site (LOS) with it tilted.
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)