A couple Questions about FIOS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

NYRANGERS

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 9, 2005
Manahawkin, NJ
They are mentioning FIOS in my town. They are talking about it at all the town meetings but I have a few questions about it. I have read their website but a few things remain unclear. Does it work like regular cable? i.e. does it just run off your existing cable line to your house? Also I live in Southern NJ, If my town decides to carry it, being a New York Sports fan, would FIOS carry such channels as the YES Network and MSG?

Fiber comes from the street and then connected to a box (called an ONT). From there, it connects to your house coax cable. So no cable has to be run unless there isn't already cable to where the tv(s) is located. If a person is not told that it is Verizon Fios TV, they would never know the difference from that or cable tv.

Currently, Verizon is in negotiations with Yes. Cablevision owns MSG and FSN-NY so Verizon is having a problem getting those channels. Verizon has filed a complaint with the FCC. Unknown if and when you will see FSN-NY and MSG on Fios

korsjs said:
they will notice the picture quality is much better with fios.

Now korsjs, you came over from cable if I remember correctly, and I came over from satellite. I haven't had cable for probably 6 years or more, and remember the PQ being horrible- is that still the case? If so, what about cable companies touting "digital" cable?

Anyway, I certainly can see the difference over satellite and wondered if it was just as drastic going from cable?

i had satellite for about four years, then cable for a little over a year and now fios. fios picture quality is the best out of them all.

the digital channels on brighthouse tampa did look good, but as soon as you see fios you should notice a difference. you might have to mess with the color/contrast/sharpness, etc when you first get it because there is less noise/artifacts in the fios picture.

I was with Dish for 9+ years. And the reason I was with Dish was I could not stand picture quality of cable. Dish was good when I first started with them but FIOS is way better. I have two friends that were with Comcast when I hooked up there 42 inch plasma's and it was pain full to watch. They now have both switched to FIOS and are very happy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)