A couple thoughts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Yespage

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Ohio
Firstly, I've read a number of people complain about the TV2 output quality. While I only have the TV2 heading to a pair of standard definition channels, when I view an HD channel on them, the quality is very very nice. Maybe the analog isn't as good, but if you have the HD available, watching the HD down res'd isn't bad at all, in fact, it is very good. I have the 722k and am n the Eastern Arc, if that makes any difference.

Secondly, the one thing I like most is still having analogs available. It is good to watch an analog channel and compare it to the HD version. Granted, maybe you only need to do it for a few seconds, but while watching Le Tour on Versus, I wasn't going crazy over the quality of the HD feed. I switched to the SD version... then back to the HD... oh yeah, never mind, that is freakin' incredible!

Secondly, the one thing I like most is still having analogs available. It is good to watch an analog channel and compare it to the HD version. Granted, maybe you only need to do it for a few seconds, but while watching Le Tour on Versus, I wasn't going crazy over the quality of the HD feed. I switched to the SD version... then back to the HD... oh yeah, never mind, that is freakin' incredible!

The SD version will always be better than the analog version (basic cable) of a channel, whether it is on standard tv or a HDTV.

With so many people now replacing their bedroom etc. TV with low cost 16x9 sets, I just wish Dish would add an aspect option for TV2.

You should be able to tell the receiver that your second TV is a wide-screen so that it sends out a proper anamorphic signal.

Ah, but then you'd lose the incentive to pay Dish for a second HD box. Follow the money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts