A creative solution to get more dishes onto a building network without buying more switches.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

guacharaca

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2010
Vernon, BC
On my network, I had four active dishes, 4 receivers and four 3X8 switches and wanted to add the new 10 foot Bud to the network. The problem was that I did not have a bunch of Ecoda 22kz switches or an additional 3X8 switch to make the Bud available to all the receivers.

I discovered a creative solution. I combined my 101W dish, where I normally only watch the channels on horizontal signals with my 72W NBC Mux dish where I only watch vertical signals onto the same 3X8 switch. The H input goes to 101W dish and the V input goes to 72W dish. Combining the two dishes onto a single 3X8 switch freed up a 3X8 switch for the C-band dish. It works well.

Now in order to bring the active dishes to six, I will add a 103W single polarity lnb dish (H) to the 3X8 switch that now handles my other single polarity dish which is pointed at 125W for its vertical signals. (I tried dual polarity lnbs on these two 4 foot dishes but could not receive the weaker S2 signals while the older, original, better quality, single polarity lnbs can receive the S2 signals).

In this case, it is true that "Necessity was the mother of invention".

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)