A decent 3 burner gas grill?

MSmith, just curious, how did you break your charcoal grill? There's not too many parts in a charcoal to damage/wear down. Did you keep it uncovered in the rain or out in the harsh elements or something?

If I remember correctly, there was a center bolt in the bottom that connected to the whole support structure. The hole for that rusted out and the supports collapsed. It was covered.

... How often do you use your weber?

OK- You got me there. Since I got the smoker, I've only used the grill maybe 3 times a year. Except in winter, I'd say I smoke maybe 3 times a month. There's only two of us. So our wear and tear experiences aren't even close.

OK- You got me there. Since I got the smoker, I've only used the grill maybe 3 times a year. Except in winter, I'd say I smoke maybe 3 times a month. There's only two of us. So our wear and tear experiences aren't even close.
Haha, yeah just a little bit:p

I am interested in getting a smoker also. I may look into that when I get the grill

I grill a lot. My Weber gasser is over 5 years old now. In the spring/summer/fall I grill 4-5 times a week. Not one thing has gone wrong or needed to be replaced yet. With that durability, you could go through the hassle of buying 2-3 cheaper brand grills or 1 Weber and be set for a REALLY long time.

Bumping this old thread because I'm in the market for a new Gas Grill. Any additional opinions?

Yes. My first opinion was Weber. My second opinion is Weber. Actually, I very rarely use my grill now. I much prefer the smoker, of which I now have two. Both Weber.

Weber.

Sky, actually The Home Depot had a sale on one of their Weber 3 burners a few weeks ago. Not sure if they're still on sales, but it's worth a look.

I'm going to catch hell on here for this, but I had to pass on the Weber.

I was going to buy a Weber 3-burner for $500, but the Weber I really wanted was $900. I can't do $900 right now, so I decided to go with a cheapie and get the Weber I really want in a couple years when I have a better income (fingers crossed).

I went with a $199 Brinkmann :)eek::eek:). Its a Consumer Reports best buy....obviously its been good so far....we'll see if its rusted out next summer :)

Brinkmann 4 Burner Stainless Steel Grill - 810-8410-S at The Home Depot

I was going to buy a Weber 3-burner for $500, but the Weber I really wanted was $900. I can't do $900 right now, so I decided to go with a cheapie and get the Weber I really want in a couple years when I have a better income (fingers crossed).

Well, actually, that's pretty much what most of us have done. It's a big first step. I don't know how many other brands I went thru before coughing up the bucks for the Weber.

I'm going to catch hell on here for this, but I had to pass on the Weber.

I went with a $199 Brinkmann :)eek::eek:). Its a Consumer Reports best buy....obviously its been good so far....we'll see if its rusted out next summer :)

Brinkmann 4 Burner Stainless Steel Grill - 810-8410-S at The Home Depot

Not to rain on your parade, but my buddy bought the same grill last year. Since then, the burners and starter have stopped working.

Well, actually, that's pretty much what most of us have done. It's a big first step. I don't know how many other brands I went thru before coughing up the bucks for the Weber.

I got lucky and negotiated the grill in with the purchase of my first house....

When the buyer and I were negotiating a purchase price for the home, we sat at the kitchen table which was next to a sliding glass door overlooking the deck when I saw the beauty.... A brand new Weber Genesis with a side burner and a dedicated natural gas line hook-up! Woah!

I actually told the buyer that I won't sign papers unless the grill stays. :)

The Weber and I have had a wonderful relationship ever since. :D

Not to rain on your parade, but my buddy bought the same grill last year. Since then, the burners and starter have stopped working.

Lol! All I want is 2 years! It's fine if the starter stops working, but I need those burners to last. :)

I got lucky and negotiated the grill in with the purchase of my first house....

When the buyer and I were negotiating a purchase price for the home, we sat at the kitchen table which was next to a sliding glass door overlooking the deck when I saw the beauty.... A brand new Weber Genesis with a side burner and a dedicated natural gas line hook-up! Woah!

I actually told the buyer that I won't sign papers unless the grill stays. :)

The Weber and I have had a wonderful relationship ever since. :D

If my wife and I decide we're going to stay in our current house for awhile, I'm getting a natural gas line run outside. Talk about convenient!

If my wife and I decide we're going to stay in our current house for awhile, I'm getting a natural gas line run outside. Talk about convenient!

I actually didn't realize what a great thing this was until I got into the home.

Now, I never have to worry about filling propane tanks. Very convenient and highly recommended.

Most grills make an adapter kit to convert Propane to Gas too, so you don't need to buy a whole new grill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts