A dish and a porchscreen.

Kab, I took a large section of nylon screening (black) that I had and laid it on the dish. It did not block the signal, WA Fl. I don't know if there would be a difference if it was a distance from the dish and not right on it. Then there's this post from 2008...

Just to give an update to this post..

The installer came out the other day and set up my dish inside my screened in porch. After he was done I ran through all my signal strengths and they all seem to be very strong. It doesn't look like the screen is blocking the signal to me, and if it is, its too small to detect IMO.

rkick you weren't joking about the temps and humidity, good grief!!!

Kab, I took a large section of nylon screening (black) that I had and laid it on the dish. It did not block the signal, WA Fl. I don't know if there would be a difference if it was a distance from the dish and not right on it. Then there's this post from 2008...
I'd check to see what your signal strengths are before and after doing that.

All of the domed dishes are encased in heavy plastic which doesn't seem to affect their signal. I'm talking about products like the Tailgater. I can't imagine a plastic screen being any different.

Plastic screen is not an issue. I have installed many balcony/patio dishes behind screen here in South Florida. I have even installed several inside apartments shooting through windows for customers that just had to have some channel and did not have a view from their balcony. Signal will not go through regular glass, but if you have a window glazier replace the standard glass pane with polycarbonate, signals pass just fine. Have also had one customer buy a vinyl BBQ cover from Home depot and build a PVC frame into the shape of a BBQ grill to put over his outdoor dish. Once the cover was on you could not tell it was a dish, and not a BBQ grill. HOA said BBQs were OK but Dishes were not LOL. Also, I have installed several in fiberglass/plastic dock boxes for yachts.

Plastic screen is not an issue. I have installed many balcony/patio dishes behind screen here in South Florida. I have even installed several inside apartments shooting through windows for customers that just had to have some channel and did not have a view from their balcony. Signal will not go through regular glass, but if you have a window glazier replace the standard glass pane with polycarbonate, signals pass just fine. Have also had one customer buy a vinyl BBQ cover from Home depot and build a PVC frame into the shape of a BBQ grill to put over his outdoor dish. Once the cover was on you could not tell it was a dish, and not a BBQ grill. HOA said BBQs were OK but Dishes were not LOL.
What an excellent idea.

Plastic screen is not an issue. I have installed many balcony/patio dishes behind screen here in South Florida. I have even installed several inside apartments shooting through windows for customers that just had to have some channel and did not have a view from their balcony. Signal will not go through regular glass, but if you have a window glazier replace the standard glass pane with polycarbonate, signals pass just fine. Have also had one customer buy a vinyl BBQ cover from Home depot and build a PVC frame into the shape of a BBQ grill to put over his outdoor dish. Once the cover was on you could not tell it was a dish, and not a BBQ grill. HOA said BBQs were OK but Dishes were not LOL. Also, I have installed several in fiberglass/plastic dock boxes for yachts.

All good info!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)