A&E HD - Low Signal - TP27 on 129

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have a single lnb D500 with an I adapter and cable running into my 1000.2 for 129 now.

Whats the next option(dish brand/retailer) to go to a larger dish size. Since E* is putting these new channels up soon, I think I want a little better SS out of 129.

Re-aim your dish or call Dish for do that.

They came out last week. The Dish is way up on the garage peak. The installer called his boss, said it was a problem with the bird, and left.

We are experiencing near record heat and I lost 129 completely this afternoon at it's hottest. The worst problems always occur late afternoon. Could heat be having an effect on one or both LNB's???

Heat definitely will effect the lnb. Next time it happens use your garden hose to spray some water on it to cool it down. Temps on top of a house in the summer can approach 150 degrees with no breeze to move hot air away.

The lnb generates some heat in its normal operation, add outside temps in the summer and people have this happen every year.

Not acceptable answer

They came out last week. The Dish is way up on the garage peak. The installer called his boss, said it was a problem with the bird, and left.

We are experiencing near record heat and I lost 129 completely this afternoon at it's hottest. The worst problems always occur late afternoon. Could heat be having an effect on one or both LNB's???

Call E* and "B" big time. That was not an acceptable answer from the installer. 129 is weak not F'in dead. He should have tried to help you. Sounds like he was a goldbrick that didn't want to climb the ladder to find out if he could increase signal. Heat only affects the LNB if the unit isn't stable. If the heat is shifting the freq enuff to lose the signal it should be replaced. If you do what Jim suggested & the temp on the LNB goes down and signal comes back it is proof the the LNB needs to be replaced.

Its better now for me, 129TP27 was 48-52, now 53-58. Didn't do anyhing. A&E HD, MAXHD, UNIHD pretty stable now

Call E* and "B" big time. That was not an acceptable answer from the installer. 129 is weak not F'in dead. He should have tried to help you. Sounds like he was a goldbrick that didn't want to climb the ladder to find out if he could increase signal. Heat only affects the LNB if the unit isn't stable. If the heat is shifting the freq enuff to lose the signal it should be replaced. If you do what Jim suggested & the temp on the LNB goes down and signal comes back it is proof the the LNB needs to be replaced.

Yuk!!! I did write ceo@echostar. com. and got a phone call. I was told they would send a lead tech out on Friday. Here's how it all came down:

1) They did not send out a lead tech, they sent the same guy as last time. I asked where the lead tech was, he said they told him to come out anyway.

2) First he said there was nothing he could do if it was the satellite. He then called his boss, who I would assume is the lead tech.

3) He did not have a ladder capable of reaching the Dish. I told him he could use mine.

4) He changed out both LNB''s (two dishes) no difference

5) I asked him to peak the dish. He said he was getting a very strong signal inside the house and thought it was dangerous up there to peak the dish.

6) He called his boss, then changed the receiver out and ran current and signal tests again.

7) He managed to obtain a reading of 40 on 129/30. He said this was very good for HD. I informed that I was reading 80 on that tp prior to the problems. Software is L4.05 which is the old signal strength meter.

8) He called his boss again and asked him if the transponders were "up in space" (this is my favorite). His boss told him to repeak the dish.

9) He repeaks the dish with no success. He then says there is a little branch in the way of the dish. He said it was clear of that same branch when he came out a week ago. The branch is around 50' up. Personally I don't think it's the branch. but it's a possibility. See #5.

10) I ask him to move the dish to a pole. He says he won't do that.

11) He talks to his boss about moving the dish. He tells his boss there is no way to get a line of sight with a pole. This is total Bullsh!t. I have an inclometer and can easily find a hole through the trees for the dish.

10) He tells me I need to get rid of the little branch and leaves. I have no signal on 129.

11) I tell him I will call my friend with a shotgun and try to blast it down. We are way out in the country here.

all in all very unsatisfying with a lot of BS from the tech. I will attempt to trim the branch, it's a good 50' up, and if that does not work I will call an independent out.

I have an align-a-site and there is a good place to mount a pole in the ground near the current mount on the garage.

I am watching A&E HD right now, Mind Freak is on.
No lost signal.
Someone want to tell me how to check what T/P is assigned to each channel?
I went to point dish in the menu, and it shows sat 129 is using T/P 30. NOW when it was 27.

I am watching A&E HD right now, Mind Freak is on.
No lost signal.
Someone want to tell me how to check what T/P is assigned to each channel?
I went to point dish in the menu, and it shows sat 129 is using T/P 30. NOW when it was 27.

Easiest way is tune to the channel and hit menu-6-1-1. The SS screen will be on the TP and SAT of the current channel you are watching.

Time to B more

Yuk!!! I did write ceo@echostar. com. and got a phone call. I was told they would send a lead tech out on Friday. Here's how it all came down:

1) They did not send out a lead tech, they sent the same guy as last time. I asked where the lead tech was, he said they told him to come out anyway.

2) First he said there was nothing he could do if it was the satellite. He then called his boss, who I would assume is the lead tech.

3) He did not have a ladder capable of reaching the Dish. I told him he could use mine.

4) He changed out both LNB''s (two dishes) no difference

5) I asked him to peak the dish. He said he was getting a very strong signal inside the house and thought it was dangerous up there to peak the dish.

6) He called his boss, then changed the receiver out and ran current and signal tests again.

7) He managed to obtain a reading of 40 on 129/30. He said this was very good for HD. I informed that I was reading 80 on that tp prior to the problems. Software is L4.05 which is the old signal strength meter.

8) He called his boss again and asked him if the transponders were "up in space" (this is my favorite). His boss told him to repeak the dish.

9) He repeaks the dish with no success. He then says there is a little branch in the way of the dish. He said it was clear of that same branch when he came out a week ago. The branch is around 50' up. Personally I don't think it's the branch. but it's a possibility. See #5.

10) I ask him to move the dish to a pole. He says he won't do that.

11) He talks to his boss about moving the dish. He tells his boss there is no way to get a line of sight with a pole. This is total Bullsh!t. I have an inclometer and can easily find a hole through the trees for the dish.

10) He tells me I need to get rid of the little branch and leaves. I have no signal on 129.

11) I tell him I will call my friend with a shotgun and try to blast it down. We are way out in the country here.

all in all very unsatisfying with a lot of BS from the tech. I will attempt to trim the branch, it's a good 50' up, and if that does not work I will call an independent out.

I have an align-a-site and there is a good place to mount a pole in the ground near the current mount on the garage.

It's time to email ceo@echostar.com again tell them that you are not getting what you have asked for. That is HD signal and that the same uncooperative tech out to do something and still nothing has been fixed. Sounds like you will need to be a little more B'y about it. Since you are in the Pac NW. You should probably have a dedicated larger dish for 129. It is not unusual for those in your area to have a 24" unit for that bird. So sounds a bit like the dealer that has been in charge of your install only does his jobs as fast as possible so he can put in for the $$. Then he leaves the customer w/ what ever to put them off and gives out BS till the customer bugs off.

Last edited:
I emailed DishQuality during LiveEarth last week and told them how I thought the service was awful.

I didn't get a form letter back thanking me for my comments. I actually got a reply asking for more information, and a reply to that clarifying my comments more.

Don't know if anything will come of it but I'd like to think that's an indication they're taking this seriously.

It's time to email ceo@echostar.com again tell them that you are not getting what you have asked for. That is HD signal and that the same uncooperative tech out to do something and still nothing has been fixed. Sounds like you will need to be a little more B'y about it. Since you are in the Pac NW. You should probably have a dedicated larger dish for 129. It is not unusual for those in your area to have a 24" unit for that bird. So sounds a bit like the dealer that has been in charge of your install only does his jobs as fast as possible so he can put in for the $$. Then he leaves the customer w/ what ever to put them off and gives out BS till the customer bugs off.

I have a 24" dedicated dish for 129.

These are contractors, not echostar employees.

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, other than the bird is shot. But one problem is the mount is too high to be comfortably serviced without a lift. The simple solution, or maybe next step, is to move 'em.

Last edited:
Keep B'in

I have a 24" dedicated dish for 129.

These are contractors, not echostar employees.

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, other than the bird is shot. But one problem is the mount is too high to be comfortably serviced without a lift. The simple solution, or maybe next step, is to move 'em.

That is the next step. Just keep B'in at E*. Maybe the contractors will get there asses chewed or be charged back for the sh!tty work, A 24" should get the bird if it is pointed at it and the cables are correct, LNB is working. The more complaints that that co has the quicker he will get it right or quit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)