A & E Hd

cwbuckley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
EL Paso
I have not seen it reported, if it has been, sorry bout that. I was just on A & E's web site and they state that they are now in HD. I wonder what the chances are that E will pick them up?

I don't think it is anything imminent. And from reports from Scott a few months back, the channel does not have much to get excited about. A lot of stretch-o-vision....

it's been in operation since labor day

they recently added it to the bhn here in orlando so I had the chance to view it but it;s nothing exciting. never watch the regular sd a&e so dont care

I have it on StarChoice...and its not really anything to ask for...its just A&E SD, I have only seen very very few things in HD on the channel, very very few things, and what I did see didn't really look "at its best". And I am a fan of A&E, nothing like a good City Confidential, which is not in HD either.

The episodes they will be airing are from the first 2 seasons which were not in HD. Therefore they won't be on A&E in HD eaither.

They were shot film, and film can be converted to HD quite easily.

They did that with West Wing Seasons that were on Bravo-HD back in the day. Not that any of the E* people got to view them but that's what happened.

Cheers,

How about Csi Miami does A&E HD pass it thru in HD?

It's the only show that they actually air in HD. There might have been something thrown in here or there but nothing regular other than CSI is in HD. I can't think of a worse HD channel.

MI:5 would probably look good as it is shot on film too....

MI 5 (SPOOKS in the UK) would certainly look good. A friend just brought me the most recent season 5 DVD's back from the UK. It is a shame that they get cut down from 55 minutes to 40 here. Assuming that A&E even shows season 5 since they bumped season 4 for the CSI miami repeats and showed season 4 all at once in a marathon showing. That is when I pretty much stopped watching A&E. Repeats and nothing original anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)