A&E Network Group Streaming

I posted a few days ago in the other thread, that it's unlocked on my phone now. Both History and AE just suddenly showed me being signed in and when I looked in settings it showed me signed in through Dish. It's not available on my Roku though

I posted a few days ago in the other thread, that it's unlocked on my phone now. Both History and AE just suddenly showed me being signed in and when I looked in settings it showed me signed in through Dish. It's not available on my Roku though
Yeah, it's the Roku I was interested in.

Reactions: old corps
Slightly off-topic but this does explain why each time I try to launch either History or A@E from the Roku the app suddenly closes?

How exactly does this stuff work? I mean, like right now, all the streaming devices EXCEPT Roku, show Dish as an approved provider. Roku says, this is entirely up to Dish & A&E Network, that they (Roku) is merely a delivery service. Another odd thing I noticed this morning is that AFTV has been removed entirely from the A&E authorization page. Do the streaming box providers play any role outside of simply delivering content approved by other parties?

I guess roku users will get no access

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Could be, I just don't get it. Roku is "king of the hill" among streaming boxes. They (Roku) said they are merely a delivery system & it's entirely up to Dish & A&E when it becomes available via Roku. Dish has been added to the other brands of boxes' provider lists so, why would Roku be excluded?

My guess is to dissuade people from using it as a primary tv source. They can make that $7/month now if most people have rokus know they will not buy new toys.

My guess is to dissuade people from using it as a primary tv source. They can make that $7/month now if most people have rokus know they will not buy new toys.
Dish was giving roku away for free

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I could see that argument were it not for being good to go on Apple TV and XBox 360. Doesn't make any sense to me excluding Roku.

Correct. They gave away free rokus durning the amc dispute so fans could still watch their amc. Lose less customers that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts